Company: Siemens Energy, Inc.
Division: SEI - Power Transmission, High Voltage Products
Location: MS - Richland
Req ID: 115406
Position Title: Regional Marketing Engineer
Experience Level: Mid Level
Education Required: Bachelors Degree
Travel Required: Yes
The Siemens Energy Sector is the world’s leading supplier of a complete spectrum of products, services and solutions for the generation, transmission and distribution of power and for the extraction, conversion and transport of oil and gas. In fiscal 2009 (ended September 30), the Energy Sector had revenues of approximately EUR25.8 billion and received new orders totaling approximately EUR30 billion and posted a profit of EUR3.3 billion. On September 30, 2009, the Energy Sector had a work force of approximately 85,100.
Who designs your future? You do. Working within our global company, you can design the career of your dreams. We have over 200 offices in 101 countries providing you the opportunity to see the world or stay in your own back yard. Do you want to invent new technologies? Collaborate with other brilliant minds? Create the future with your ideas? At Siemens, you can.
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
The High Voltage Circuit Breaker organization in Richland, MS designs, manufactures, and sells 15kV to 800kV circuit breakers for electric utilities and industrial customers. The marketing department is responsible for maintaining and developing new positive customer relationships and obtaining orders for the factory. The Applications Engineer works within the marketing department and is responsible for an assigned geographical territory or customer segment.
Skills & Experience
- Takes ownership as the leader for assigned market area with responsibility for customer care and business growth activities
- Makes business decisions for bids by choosing price-level while considering growth and profitability targets
- Create proposals for customer bids, including review of technical specifications, commercial terms, and recording competitive bid feedback
- Interact with other internal departments to ensure correct order handoff and processing
- Develop relationships with customers and the sales channels, providing technical support as needed
- Travel for face-to-face meetings with customers to develop new accounts and maintain existing customer-base
- Act as the Champion for customers within area of responsibility
- BS in Engineering (Electrical preferred)
- 3-5 years (minimum) previous experience either in a similar role or within electric utility industry
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills & experience giving presentations
- Will be responsible for collaborating with both internal and external customers to develop and deliver proposals
- Ability to develop and implement strategies to improve business within area of responsibility
- Goal-oriented and flexible to do whatever is needed to achieve results
- 25% Travel requirement
Additional Information: Travel Percentage: 30%
Monster - 10 months ago
Siemens AG (Siemens) is engaged in electronics and electrical engineering. During the fiscal year ended September 30, 2008 (fiscal 2008), th...