Furniture Sales Executive (Minneapolis/St. Paul)
Sales Executive (FSE)
Business Interiors by
Staples provides comprehensive furniture solutions for customers of all sizes.
Our furniture professionals work with customers to understand their business
objectives and then create furniture solutions that support those objectives.
It takes a team of talented associates to develop projects from concept to
completion. Our sales professionals, interior designers, project managers, and
furniture sales support associates are the best in the business – because we
know that when it’s all said and done, talented teams win! Thanks for your
interest in Business Interiors by Staples.
The FSE is responsible for
initiating and closing profitable furniture sales. The FSE serves as the
primary contact for the client during the sales process and works with the
other furniture support functions (design, project management, furniture sales
support, etc.) to ensure that client needs are met and client satisfaction is
achieved. As part of an integrated selling team, the FSE collaborates with
sales professionals from other Staples product categories to develop
comprehensive sales plans for Staples accounts in an effort to maximize sales
of all product categories. The FSE reports to the Sales Director, Furniture.
- Prospect in the local marketplace for new furniture opportunities.
- Develop local business relationships with various influencers (A/D
community, commercial real estate brokers, moving companies, etc.) in order to
identify potential opportunities early
- Manage the day to day relationship with existing clients for which
the FSE is assigned
- Lead the development of creative and innovative solutions to meet
client needs in a differentiated manner. Collaborate with Interior Designers to
provide solutions that meet client functional, aesthetic and budgetary
- Lead the project strategy process. Involve stakeholders in the
development of a winning sales plan to capture targeted accounts and/or
- Work in a team selling environment to collaboratively d
evelop account plans for existing accounts that maximize
penetration and retention
- Work with other Staples lines of business to provide cross-selling
- High School Diploma or GED
- Minimum four years of direct selling experience
- Prior experience in office furniture industry, general knowledge
of systems furniture, and experience in customer interaction required
- Bachelor’s degree
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
- Computer literate (word processing, spreadsheets, project
Working knowledge of furniture product applications
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts
- Must be detailed oriented
- Ability to work in an unstructured environment
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks
- Demonstrated analytical, negotiating, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Advanced selling skills
- Candidate should be competitive and self-motivated as well as
possess the ability to balance their needs with the needs of the company
Staples is an Equal Opportunity Employer who values the diversity of our people, products, and services.
Staples - 17 months ago
As the world’s largest office products company and 2nd largest eCommerce site, we’re a recognized name across more than 26...