The College of Veterinary Medicine at Iowa State University is seeking qualified applicants for a full-time, tenure track faculty appointment in Small Animal Soft Tissue or predominantly in soft tissue surgery for the department of Veterinary Clinical Sciences.
The successful candidate will enhance the national prominence of the Small Animal Surgery activities at Iowa State University. A minimum of 50% effort will be dedicated to professional practice and clinical instruction in the Veterinary Medical Center with the remaining time used for the development of a creative program of scholarship, didactic and laboratory teaching, academic service, and outreach activities.
DVM or equivalent degree and completed residency training, or individuals with credentials accepted by the American College of Veterinary Surgeons.
Successful applicants must be eligible for and obtain a valid veterinary license from the Iowa Board of Veterinary Medicine allowing for medical practice in the teaching hospital.
In addition to the qualifications above, applicants at the Associate or Full Professor level must have documented evidence of scholarship, teaching, and clinical service appropriate for the professional rank.
- An advanced degree.
- An ACVS board certified Surgeon.
- An established national prominence or the potential to achieve such in some aspect of small animal soft tissue surgery related activity as demonstrated through a robust publication record.
- Experience in modern veterinary small animal surgical practices and standards of care.
- A record of scholarship through either manuscript publication and/or preparation and preparation/success in granting activity and national scholarly, clinical, or educational presentation.
- A demonstrated interest in veterinary trauma surgery.
- An unique clinical focus that will enhance small animal surgical service activities in the Veterinary Teaching Hospital.
- Demonstrated ability to work with and compliment the current small animal surgical faculty in gaining national prominence.
Commensurate with qualifications
The guaranteed consideration date has been extended.
All offers of employment, oral and written, are contingent upon the university's verification of credentials and other information required by federal and state law, ISU policies/procedures, and may include the completion of a background check.
Application must be submitted online. Please be prepared to attach or enter the following:
1) Resume/Curriculum Vitae
2) Letter of Application/Cover Letter
3) Contact Information for Three References
4) Statement of Teaching and/or Research Interests
If you have questions regarding this vacancy, please email Dr. Rodney Bagley at email@example.com or call 515-294-6411.
If you have questions regarding this application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 515-294-4800 or Toll Free: 1-877-477-7485.
Iowa State University - 2 years ago