Procurement & Sourcing Service Manager
The Procurement Sourcing & Service Manager will be responsible for the development and execution of sourcing strategies, Supplier relationship management, Category maintenance, and continuous improvement of all related business processes. The ideal candidate will have expertise in managing purchasing activities including strategic planning, vendor selection and management, inventory, cost management, vendor quality management and contract management.
o Utilize a team-based approach to strategic sourcing that includes end users on the team for technical and decision making support.
- Lead the development, implementation and management of sourcing strategies for all categories:
o Evaluate, develop and implement best practices to improve procurement processes, including enhancements Work closely with all corporate teams to provide product and supplier information for strategic products & services.
- Develop forecasting tools to assist in budget process:
o Determine the appropriate sourcing strategy based on the supply market characteristics, business needs etc, and lead the implementation of that strategy through the development of supply agreements
- Manage & execute procurement operations
- Know portfolio and identify products, channels, cost drivers and emerging technologies and services in order to lead change to existing channels or to suggest alternatives to the sourcing process, development or revision of key sourcing procedures, personal development, etc.
- Deliver excellence in front-end procurement activities including market research, specification development; spend analytics, Demand Management, category strategy development, negotiation, and stakeholder engagement.
- Develop key metrics to evaluate supplier performance; Conduct post-contract management and facilitate supplier relationship management with key suppliers
- Manage category maintenance, including contract life-cycle management (e.g., renewing expiring contracts, updating pricing annually, etc.), category databases (e.g., refreshing internal business requirement/impact metrics, supplier capabilities database, etc), scanning the marketplace for changes and managing any known or potential business impact and developing risk mitigation plans
- Build and maintain a working relationship with internal and external customers, suppliers and service providers while driving towards a collaborative relationship between all parties
- Routinely interface with senior management and key stakeholders to ensure satisfaction with department’s service offerings and accomplishments.
Joule is pioneering the production of Liquid Fuel from the Sun™, surpassing today’s barriers to abundant, sustainable, cost-competitive supply. Its transformational Helioculture™ platform converts sunlight and waste CO 2 directly into liquid fuels in a continuous process that is not limited by costly biomass intermediates, processing or use of precious natural resources. This platform can yield renewable diesel fuel in unprecedented volumes with a fraction of the land use incurred by current methods, leapfrogging biomass-dependent approaches and eliminating the economic and environmental disadvantages of fossil fuels. Founded in 2007 by Flagship VentureLabs, Joule is privately held and headquartered in Bedford, Massachusetts. Additional information is available at www.jouleunlimited.com .
- Bachelors or Master ‘s degree preferred
- Minimum of 6 years’ Purchasing or Global Supply Chain experience
- Must possess exceptional interpersonal, presentation, negotiating, analytical, influencing, problem solving and time management skills.
- Proven experience managing suppliers, reducing costs, inventory management, and standardizing procurement policies & procedures in a multi-site environment
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects in a very fast paced environment
- Experience working with both manual and ERP planning systems
- Experience within the Pharma/Bio/engineering industries a plus
Monster - 11 months ago