This position exists to perform laboratory tests on patient specimens and to provide information for the diagnosis, treatment or prevention of diseases. Maintains records of performance and utilizes independent judgment to generate acceptable test results within quality control standards. The incumbent may participate in research and development activities. May act as a key resource person for staff inside and outside of the department. Instructs students, laboratory and non-laboratory staff on laboratory procedures and techniques. Performs all tasks according to standard operating procedures. May work on the development and modification of procedures and assumes additional responsibilities as outlined by management or the laboratory director. QUALIFICATIONS/KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS/ABILITIES
- Requires certification or eligibility for board certification by ASCP; AMT; NCA or equivalent certification.
- Requires Bachelor's degree in Medical Technology or Laboratory Sciences.
- Requires knowledge of various complex and lengthy laboratory techniques and procedures; and the ability to use independent judgment in generating test results.
- Requires knowledge of specialized testing equipment and routine maintenance procedures.
- Requires ability to maintain quality control and other records.
- Requires ability to use computer to enter and retrieve test results.
- Requires analytical skills to make quantitative and qualitative observations.
- Requires ability to work independently; handle constant interruptions and concurrent tasks.
- Requires knowledge of all laboratory safety regulations and protocols.
Ball Memorial Hospital - 9 months ago