Only southern California applicants will be considered for this position.
SUMMARY Overview of the position.
As part of a small design team within the larger design group, designers intimately participate in designing seasonal product catalogs, trading cards and collectible products. Working closely with the Lead Designer, the Designer will make specific recommendations for catalogs, trading cards, collectibles, packaging and solicitation design. Additionally, design assignments are received requiring creative suggestions for brand enhancements, new product features or new products.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by an individual assigned to this job. Other duties may be assigned.
- Provides design solutions for product catalogs, trading cards, collectibles, packaging and solicitation materials in keeping with established design tenets.
- Makes design recommendations based on category, consumer and manufacturing insight.
- Manages time wisely to ensure project timelines are effectively met.
- Participates in departmental and cross-functional meetings, effectively presenting new design solutions.
This position will interact closely with the Lead Designer and related Company staff members.
REQUIREMENTS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- BA in Design or Graphic Arts or a closely related field or equivalent experience.
- 2+ years of experience in the field of design or in a related area.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Proven ability to provide professional design solutions and recommendations.
- Flexibility and unique voice in design exploration and finished solutions.
- Experienced and confident in the following software applications: Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign.
- Strong grounding in lithography manufacturing and related industries.
- Knowledge of sports and the sports and entertainment toy, trading card or trading card game industry a plus.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills with the ability to handle multiple, high priority projects with a keen attention to detail.
- Highly developed knowledge of the Macintosh work platform.
- Professional demeanor; team player orientation. Ability to interface with internal parties at all levels.
- Ability to perform duties under minimal supervision while exercising discretion and independent judgment.
- Hands on, energetic and motivated self-starter.