Senior Project Manager (CA OSHPD Hospitals)
San Francisco, CA
# of Openings:
Ability to run major hospital projects with California OSHPD experience, supervise a site staff if required, and train Project Assistant. Develop new business opportunities relative to a particular project.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, QUALIFICATIONS, & EXPERIENCE:
- Plan and organize a project.
- Effectively supervise a staff in the day to day administration of a job, or supervise two or more Project managers in their daily tasks.
- Train and effectively supervise Project Managers in the company philosophy and systems
- Establish project objectives, policies, procedures and performance standards within boundaries of corporate policies. Put these in clear concise work statement for the field.
- Supervise the preparation of all change orders on the project. Negotiate all change orders on the project
- Maintain all logs required to track the progress of the project.
- Train and effectively supervise a Project Assistant in the maintenance of project required tracking devices.
- Maintain liaison with prime client and A/E to facilitate construction activities.
- Monitor construction activities in conjunction with the onsite Foreman and Area Superintendent to ensure project is being built on schedule, and within budgets.
- Investigate any potentially serious situations and implement corrective measures within company guidelines, and under supervision.
- Represent the company in project meetings.
- Supervise the preparation of any and all change quotations for presentation to the prime client. Negotiate all change quotations to a conclusion.
- Prepare monthly costing reports under the supervision of a Senior PM or Division Manager.
- Manage financial aspects of contracts (progress billing, rental equipment, income/expenses) to protect the company’s interest and simultaneously maintain good relationship with the client.
- Monitor construction activities in conjunction with the on-site Foreman and Area Superintendent to ensure project is being built on schedule and within budgets.
- Review any documentation prepared by Assistant Project Manager before submission to others.
- Assume additional responsibilities as directed by corporate executives.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combinations technical training and/or related experience.
- Minimum ten years’ experience, with proven track record.
- Must be a business-oriented person and have the ability to apply innovative and effective management techniques to maximize employee performance.
- Computer literate, especially in company estimating program and spreadsheet program.
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must be committed to working in a team atmosphere.
- Responsible for careful observance of policies and objectives.
- OSHPD experience required.
This position reports to the Division Manager. This person makes significant independent judgments, decisions and recommendations which can greatly affect profitability of assigned area.
- 19 months ago - save job