Maintain a knowledge of tank assignments, pipeline layouts, pumps and their assignments, valve alignments, location of safety equipment and its' operation. Monitor tanks during product receipts and disposals (pipeline and barge), including pipeline cuts and tank-to-tank transfers; opening and closing of manual valves as necessary. Inspections of tank farm and various equipment, as well as documentation of inspections. Sampling of tanks, vessels, pipelines, and performing basic quality assurance tests on samples, such as API gravity, color, and flash, as required. Housekeeping of terminal; including trash removal, weed control, sample storage and disposal, painting, and other duties (including minor maintenance) as assigned by supervision. Operator is required to handle vessel mooring lines on a daily basis for arriving and departing marine vessels. Act as Person-in-Charge (PIC) of marine transfer operations as required, including operation of loading equipment such as hose connections, valving (vapor collection equipment while loading gasoline), communications with vessel personnel and equipment operators. Monitoring of marine transfer operations for safety, product quality, and environmental compliance. Daily inspections of facility and completion of documentation, as required. Inspection, gauging of tanks, and documentation of same prior to and upon completion of marine loading/unloading operations. Load and unload tank trucks and barges; Record product temperature and levels in storage tanks. Performs all work in strict accordance with Environmental, Health and Safety policies and procedures; Perform all work in strict accordance with ACL operating policies, procedures and practices.
Must possess High School diploma or G.E.D
- Must possess a valid driver's license.
- Must possess and maintain Boiler Operator Certification
- Analytical skills preferred for data analysis
- Computer proficient (perform the skill with limited assistance) with Excel, Word and SAP.
- Good judgment and ability to make decisions independently when necessary.
- Effective communications (oral and written) and team skills.
- Safety and environmental alertness and promotes a safe work environment by complying with and enforcing all procedures, rules and regulations.
- People Development: Ability to train others in Operations.
- Knowledge of refined products and/or crude oil quality specifications.
- Respond to emergencies and participate in Emergency Response Training.
- Mechanical skills: knowledge of mechanical and rotating equipment.