This leadership role is responsible for meeting Ross Video’s mission of providing a Superior Customer Experience in Canada. This key member of the Ross Video Sales Management Team directs, coordinates and influences the activities of departments that are concerned with the Sales, Support and Marketing of our products and services within the Canadian region. This individual is accountable for achieving monthly/quarterly/annual sales goals and responsible for developing distribution channels, building strategic business relationships, and for implementing all Canadian sales strategies. This position reports to and works closely with the VP of Worldwide Sales and is part of the front line group that works hand in hand with Ross customers and business partners.
- Working with the VP of Worldwide Sales, for the longer term strategic development of the department and ongoing improvements to our people, processes, systems and technology
- Implement sales strategies to establish and grow Ross Video’s sales via its Canadian Business Partner Network as well as direct sales
- Manage, lead and develop a team of Sales Professionals and a Business Partner Network that will ensure Ross Video is the leading supplier of Live Production Solutions in Canada
- Work with the VP of Worldwide Sales to establish sales quotas and operational budget
- Meet monthly/quarterly/yearly orders targets
- Manage operational budget
- Recruit, train and provide corrective action to sales staff
- Ensure that Sales Professionals follows the Ross Video code of ethics
- Provide back up for staff while they are on vacation
- Carry direct responsibility for a sales territory when required
- Call on key accounts, networks and business partners at the highest levels
- Develop and maintain strategic and tactical partnership relationships
- Manage Sales Professionals to keep contact & opportunities database up to date
- Prepare weekly/quarterly sales forecasts, trip reports, weekly update meetings
- Prepare and deliver quotations and proposals
- Coach Sales Professionals on/ and assist with closing deals
- Prepare and deliver high level presentations to key accounts, networks, business partners, and industry associations
- Develop and maintain sales forecasting activities and assist in setting of territory sales goals with integrators and dealers, where applicable.
- Assist in coordination and liaison between sales department and other sales related units.
- Facilitate feedback to Product Management – new product ideas, features, etc.
- Work with the Marketing Communications Manager to develop market specific advertising & promotion plans
- Assists in directing product marketing to client base to establish Ross Video products in the region.
- Engage the Product Managers in regular presentations to the Sales Force, key accounts, networks, business partners, and industry associations.
- Provides suggestions on and assistance in preparing marketing plans specific to the territory and group accounts.
- Prepares periodic sales report showing sales volume, potential sales, and areas of proposed client base expansion.
- Planning for Ross participation in area trade shows
- Monitors and evaluates the activities and products of the competition.
- Reviews articles in trade publications to keep abreast of technological developments in types of professional equipment merchandised.
- Perform market analyses to determine customer needs, price schedules, and discount rates.
- Assist with product demonstrations and trade shows
- Assists in resolution of customer complaints regarding equipment, supplies, and services.
- Follow company policies and procedures.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- 10+ years of selling experience with top level executives (C level, VP and Director) with demonstrated track record of success in the Canadian Broadcast Industry
- Highly developed relationships with the key decision makers throughout Canadian Broadcast Community
- Demonstrated successful track record working in a collaborative sales environment.
- Technically knowledgeable of key components used in broadcast electronics systems and major broadcast transmission standards
- Highly effective negotiator
- Excellent communication & presentation skills
- Lateral thinker with the ability to operationalize and implement strategy
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Knowledge of use of Ross Video products and willingness to learn to demonstrate Ross Video Products.
- Positive and determined problem solver
- Passionate about Ross Video Broadcast Equipment solutions
- High tolerance of ambiguity
- Highly organized with an attention to detail
- Capable of managing several complex tasks at a time
- Excellent negotiation and interpersonal skills
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Able to manage a team of diverse individuals
- Strong leadership and people development skills
- Willing to travel up to 50% of the time
- Additional languages are an asset
- Valid Passport
- Valid Driver’s License
- Office Environment
- Occasional requirement to set-up equipment – involves lifting up to 50 lbs, reaching, bending, stooping, etc.
- Office (primary), moderate noise
- Travel required