Job ID #: 21667
Company : Expedia, Inc.
Location : USA - WA - Bellevue
Functional Area : Technology
Employment Type : Full-Time Regular
Education Required : Bachelors
Experience Required : 5-7 Years
Relocation Provided : Yes
Expedia is in the process of implementing our financial systems transformation project which includes the implementation of Oracle E- Business Suite (EBS) R12 core modules: Order Management, Channel Revenue Management, Receivables, Purchasing, Payables, Fixed Assets and General Ledger.
The primary function of this role is to serve as a liaison between financial business owners and Expedia Technology Services (ETS) in the Record to Report process stream (General Ledger, Sub Ledger Accounting and Global Intercompany). The work requires expertise in understanding current business processes and the modification of those processes to facilitate the implementation of our new Oracle EBS platform. The individual must be able to manage simultaneous work efforts independently; communicate effectively both orally and in writing; and have a desire to provide outstanding service to all internal and external stakeholders.
- Understand and represent the complexities and interdependencies of the Oracle Financials business processes for Record to Report across our core modules.
- Lead and document business requirements, fit/gap analysis and functional design.
- Assess impacts of system changes and ensure effective delivery of application functionality and integration.
- Design and build specifications appropriate to business objectives.
- Identify and communicate opportunities to improve current procedures and processes.
- Design and develop operational workflows, including the development and execution of roll out strategies, cut-over/transition plans, end-user training and support, and end-user documentation.
- Provide assistance to our Oracle Financials user community by addressing functional anomalies, and end user questions/ issues.
- Empower end-users through instruction and functional knowledge transfer.
- Partner with external consultant project team members in all phases of our project delivery.
Work Experience and Education Guidelines :
- 5-7 years experience implementing and supporting Oracle Financials (recent R12 experience required) in a complex, multinational, multi GAAP environment
- Modules: General Ledger, Sub Ledger Accounting and Global Intercompany (Required) . Understanding of other Financials Modules Fixed Assets, Receivables Payables and EBTax (desired).
- 3-5 full life-cycle Oracle implementations (preferred).
- Other desired functional expertise in order of preference: EBTax and Payments.
- Desired skills for the ideal candidate include a deep functional knowledge of Oracle E-Business Suite Order to Cash business processes (Order Mgmt, Accounts Receivable and Advanced Collections) Oracle Application schema and SQL.
Core Competencies :
- BA/BS in accounting, finance, information systems, or related area required
- Advanced degree and/or CPA certification, preferred
About Expedia, Inc.
- Ability to serve as the internal application consultant and champion to our business process owners.
- Solid understanding of financial concepts, terminology methods and accounting processes.
- Effective leadership and communication skills - including the ability to articulate progress, issues and recommendations in a concise manner to all levels of the organization.
- Energy and desire to thrive in a fast-paced organization.
- Team player who effectively interacts with peers, stakeholders, end users and technical partners.
- Driven to complete activities on time and draw issues to closure.
- Flexible in a fast paced and rapidly changing environment, and customer focused.
- Self-sufficient, self-motivated individual who exercises solid judgment and ability to push self & others for results.
- Ability to manage time effectively, prioritize tasks, with a focus on high-priority items.
Our mission is to revolutionize travel through the power of technology.
Collectively, the Expedia, Inc. brands cover virtually every aspect of researching, planning, and booking travel, from choosing the best airplane seat, to reading personal travel reviews of hotels, to planning what to do in a destination once you arrive. The Expedia, Inc. portfolio serves both leisure and business travelers with tastes and budgets ranging from modest to luxury. Expedia delivers consumer travel demand from nearly every continent to nearly 149,000 hotels and hundreds of airlines, tour operators, car rental companies and destination services supply partners. Please visit http://bit.ly/expediabrands to learn more about our travel brands.
This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Expedia - 19 months ago
As citizens of Expedia we don’t have a national anthem or a native dish (okay, maybe beer and late-night sliders), but we do have a...