We currently have an excellent opportunity for a Controls Engineer located at our Vancouver, WA plant.
This individual will provide plant engineering support in the design, assembly, integration, testing, troubleshooting and commissioning of PLC-based control systems.
- Promoting a safety culture and awareness within area of responsibility and support all plant safety policies and procedures at all times.
- Assisting with the design and modification of new and existing process control and instrumentation systems.
- Managing capital projects relating to automation and controls infrastructure, etc. and completing projects as assigned within defined scope, allocated costs, time commitments and expected outcome.
- Providing plant leadership for manufacturing and distribution in all technical and administrative aspects related to PLC’s, microprocessors, etc.
- Continually improving packaging and manufacturing equipment controls logic for better efficiency and reduced waste.
- Assisting in the identification and development of project justification and business recommendations for engineering proposals including providing input for capital planning processes.
- Leading cross-functional teams and addressing technical challenges to achieve critical objectives.
- Understanding business needs, risks and organizational dynamics as well as their implications based on developing alternate plans and choices.
- Understanding processing automation for troubleshooting and improving cycle time throughput.
- Identifying and supporting cost reduction and efficiency improvement initiatives.
- Developing and coordinating all technical training requirements for operations and maintenance personnel as related to instrumentation and controls.
- Promoting active leadership in the implementation of plant-wide lean manufacturing efforts and TPS while integrating lean manufacturing disciplines in the engineering department.
- Assisting with quality software systems for customized reports and data analysis.
- Supporting and recommending continuous improvement initiatives utilizing lean manufacturing tools and techniques.
- Promoting fair and consistent adherence to all local and corporate policies and procedures.
- Performing other related duties as required and assigned.
The successful candidate should have 5-7 years previous engineering experience in a high volume, multiple SKU, fast-paced manufacturing environment. A preference will be towards candidates that have experience in CPG (consumer packaged goods).
The candidate should have a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related field. The candidate’s experience should include the following areas:
- Excellent interpersonal skills – ability to build positive relationships at all levels of the organization.
- Excellent communications skills – ability to communicate clearly and concisely in multiple media – verbal, written, etc.
- Excellent organizational/time management skills.
- Direct technical experience in the design, assembly, integration, testing, troubleshooting and commissioning of PLC-based control systems.
- Proven knowledge of National Electrical Code (NEC) and Underwriter Laboratories (UL) standards, Allen Bradley Controls, AC and motor controls, and process sensors of all types.
- Capability to calibrate and test controls, verify instrumentation accuracy and effectiveness and perform routine maintenance on the plant-wide controls system.
- Ability to interpret, red-line and prepare detailed control and instrumentation schematics, ladder logic diagrams, wiring schematics and PID’s/PFD’s.
- Ability to prioritize work assignments in a fast-paced, dynamic, production driven work environment.
- Solid critical thinking skills and ability to create new, innovative ways to handle situations with a strong bias towards Continuous Improvement fundamentals.
- Understanding of lean manufacturing principles including Six Sigma, 5S, TPS, etc.
- Strong computer skills (MS Office Suite, MS Project, CMMS and SAP). Working knowledge of SAP Maintenance Module and AutoCAD is a plus.
- Ability to methodically collect and analyze data and make appropriate recommendations.
- Strong knowledge of production operation, including equipment, materials, work flow, etc.
- Flexibility to work various hours and shifts as needed, especially during large projects, installations, etc.
Church & Dwight Co., Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V.
Church & Dwight Co.
- 2 years ago - save job
Church & Dwight Co. Inc., a $3.0 billion company, was founded in 1846 and is headquartered in Ewing, New Jersey. We are one of the...