Auto req ID: |
Senior Oracle Programmer
Area of Interest:
90065 IT Applications Management
1265 Laurel Tree Lane Suite 200
An experienced developer with the ability to design technical solutions using Oracle 11i Applications E-Business Suite primarily in Oracle Financials. Candidate must have demonstrated programming technical skills. The developer will work within a structured SDLC methodology to produce high quality, robust and reliable, value generating software solutions which conform to the defined data and applications architecture and framework. The Senior Programmer/Analyst is also expected to assume a leadership position in mentoring others, approving Programmer/Analyst work products when appropriate, and assuming project IT Technical Lead responsibilities for critical projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Programming (75%). With minimal oversight perform the following:
· Develop, design, troubleshoot new and existing Oracle 11i interfaces, applications and extensions
· Develop and review the coding efforts of others to ensure it adheres to technical specifications and operational standards
· Create and maintain code using PL/SQL, and Unix scripting as required
· Develop, test and work with deployment teams for customized Oracle applications and in-house developed business applications
· Analyze and document root cause of defects or production support issues and implement appropriate solutions using own judgment
· Troubleshoot code defects in the development, test, and production environments and implement appropriate solutions
· Create necessary technical design documents with Software Architects and Business Analysts
· Create necessary deployment instructions for System Administrator to deploy from DEV to QA/Test and then Production
· Work with Business Analyst to unit test and verify quality of code
· Program PL/SQL application components based on general design specifications
· Experienced in using tools like TOAD, SQL PLUS for design and development.
· Support the implementation of highly data-centric applications and the interfaces to them to support the business goals
2. Analysis (15%). With minimal oversight perform the following:
· Design solutions based on functional and technical requirements.
· Design end-to-end solutions, interfacing to or integrating with third party and custom systems
· Advise Business Analysts on the design of technical solutions
· Estimate the level of effort required to deliver assigned tasks
· Create detailed design specification for application components based on business requirements and conceptual designs
· Lead code reviews
· Prototype solutions for customer and analyst review
3. Leadership (10%). With minimal oversight perform the following:
· Trains others in all aspects of a Programmer/Analyst’s duties and skill sets
· Cultivates working relationships at all levels of the organization to include outside vendors
· Stays informed and up-to-date on status, events and other critical information on a wide range of projects ensuring quality products are developed and delivered
· Provides both technical and leadership direction to less experienced teammates and resolves issues at the lowest possible level and escalates when appropriate
· Provides status reports to Manager on all tasks being worked
· Evaluates project objectives and scope for technical feasibility and fit against the general design and requirements
· Ensures work products of others conform to the highest levels of quality and meet operational and technical standards
· Mentors others and provides guidance and direction on professional conduct, technical development, and prioritization of work efforts
ORGANIZATION RELATIONSHIPS: Reports to the Manager of Applications Development. Will collaborate directly with the Business Systems Analysis, Application Services, and Infrastructure Operations groups.
1) Knowledge, skills & abilities:
5 or more years of development experience with Oracle Applications E-Business Suite experience requiredExcellent communication skills and ability to address both technical and non-technical audiencesExcellent problem solving and logical analysis skillsExcellent time management skills and the ability to work on a fast paced development environment requiredAbility to work on varying levels of priorities is a mustIn-depth functional knowledge of Oracle 11i Accounts Receivable required.Knowledge of operating systems (Linux, Unix, Windows)Knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle methodologiesPL/SQL and Oracle database development knowledgeKnowledge of basic shell scripting and FTP requiredProficiency in SQL and performance tuning of SQLAbility to run trace and TKPROF on concurrent programsStrong debugging and problem solving skillsWorking knowledge of TOAD, SQL Developer and SQL PLUSWorking knowledge of Forms 6i in Oracle Apps 11i environment preferredExperience working with Discoverer 10g reports preferredExperience with working on tera-byte size databases is a plusExperience with R12 upgrade preferredKnowledge of Oracle Incentive Compensation, Service Contracts and Customer Support modules preferred.
1) 2) Minimum certifications/educational level:
BS Computer Science, Information Systems, or related IT field (preferred) 2) Minimum experience:
· 5+ yrs of IT development experience using Oracle Applications E-Business Suite
Excellent written and verbal communications skills are requiredProficiency in Windows requiredProficiency in Linux (Preferred)Proficiency in Unix 3) Physical Requirements:
· Typical office work environment
· May be required to work outside of typical business hours
· Requires minimal travel
· May need to occasionally work hours beyond the typical core business hours as needed
24 Hour Fitness Worldwide, the world's largest privately owned and operated fitness center chain, began as a one-club operation in 1983....