Acts as leader, educator, liaison, and partner in pursuing the vision of excellent medicine and compassionate care with respect to the care provided to patients and their families, using the concepts of continuous improvement. The RN must understand and communicate the issues and relative data that impact the quality of healthcare delivery as well as the improvement tools necessary to support change.
1. Leads and manage continuous improvement projects and improvement teams.
2. Collaboratively develops new processes and physical layouts for improved service delivery. Involve front-line staff in this process.
3. Applies clinical knowledge and experience in evaluating clinical practice against benchmark data, regulatory compliance and patient safety.
4. Consult and collaborate with operational leads and physicians for development, and implementation of clinical process improvement. Advocates for patient safety.
5. Provides education and support in continuous improvement tools & concepts.
6. Coordinates information pulled from data sources and educate clinical staff in the interpretation of information.
7. Supports the quality indicators prepared for the Clinical Service Groups.
8. Lead and manage root cause analysis projects and teams.
9. Evaluate care given against benchmark data and regulatory compliance.
10. Create and support an environment that fosters and supports teamwork.
11. Perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION: Bachelor's of Science in Nursing; or equivalent leadership experience in conjunction with RN from an accredited school of nursing required.
Master's of Science in Nursing preferred.
' Minimum of two years of applying lean methodology to healthcare or other industries required. (See differences for Department specific requirements below in Region/Location Specific Notes section.)
' Current Registered Nurse licensure in the state in which nurse will be practicing.
' Able to coach others in clinical quality practices, reliability as applied in healthcare and use of PROACT / logic tree root cause analysis methodology
' Strong organization, analysis, program execution and communication skills (both written & verbal) are required
' Experience should include process improvement, systems redesign, quality measurement, data analysis and reporting, data integrity, team-based improvement, and team facilitation.
' Demonstrated leadership ability and skills to lead, facilitate, design, implement, and measure improvement projects
' Proficient with MS Office applications
' Public speaking skills
' Aptitude towards independent logical thinking
REGION/LOCATION SPECIFIC NOTES
SE ALASKA ' Ketchikan Medical Center
. Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required.
. ACLS may be required within six months of date of hire.
To learn more about PeaceHealth, please visit us on Facebook or LinkedIn !
PeaceHealth, based in Vancouver, WA., is a not-for-profit Catholic health system offering care to communities in Washington, Oregon, and...