being a Gift Registry Consultant is more than just setting up a registry for a bride or a housewarming party. As a gift registry consultant, you will play an integral role in developing the Homestore business by providing expertise in product knowledge and personal service during the entire registry experience - from making the initial registry selections to completing the registry after the event. Your goal is to develop a relationship that will keep the bridal couple a Macy's customer for life.
This Macy's location utilizes an innovative way of planning work schedules, allowing an associate to participate more in managing availability and setting preferences for work times. This enables our associates to address their need for flexibility in meeting both personal and work obligations. Details on My Schedule Plus are available during the interview process.
- Achieves a complete registry by walking the customer through the entire Homestore during an appointment
- Resolves customer problems in an efficient and pleasant manner
- Prioritizes tasks and reads e-mail on a daily basis
- Tracks merchandise orders from all resources, and updates the customer as needed
- Attends product training seminars and videoconferences
- Demonstrates a thorough understanding of Tabletop, Housewares, and Domestics merchandise
- Achieves registration, volume, sales and loyalty goals as assigned quarterly
- Previous retail experience; experience in Home areas, Bridal, or Gift Registry preferred
- Excellent organizational skills, and possesses the ability to adjust quickly to changing priorities
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Excellent interpersonal skills, and the ability to build relationships
- Intermediate-level computer skills, including Internet navigation; willing to learn new systems and programs
- Ability to work as part of a team, as well as independently with little direct supervision
Macy's is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment
Macy's - 13 months ago
copy to clipboard -
The nation's #1 department store chain has adopted the name of its most famous brand and cash cow: Macy's. Macy's, Inc. operates about 840...