JBT Aerotech Services is an industry leading, dedicated provider of Maintenance Services to Airlines. Our maintenance services cover the full range of service from 24 hour, 7 day per week on-site service and emergency call out, to periodic maintenance of equipment based on technical visits quarterly, semi-annually, and/or annually with supplementary emergency support and call out as needed.
*** LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY ***
Machine Repair Technician I
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Provide troubleshooting, repair, and preventative maintenance of passenger boarding bridges, and related equipment, components, and systems.
- Provide concise, accurate, and sufficiently detailed data for input of all maintenance information.
- Perform Preventive and corrective maintenance on all Passenger Boarding Bridge and Baggage Conveyor Systems equipment.
- Troubleshoot PLC controlled mechanical systems.
- Drive and operate different equipment such as golf cart, company vehicles, forklift, etc.
- Assist with the development and ensure proper input of the maintenance data into the computerized maintenance management system.
- Respond to maintenance calls when required and/or requested.
- Comply with company safety program and trainings.
- Perform other duties as assigned or needed.
- High School diploma or GED equivalent
- Valid Driver’s License
- 3-5 years’ experience in the area of equipment maintenance and maintenance operations
- Experience with Airport operations a plus
- Basic understanding of PLC Control systems
- Mechanic skills including, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, troubleshooting, and repair of production machines
- Computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Ability to read blueprints and electrical schematics
- Ability to be badged to work in secure areas of an airport
- Ability to work 1 st , 2 nd , or 3 rd shift including weekends and holidays
While performing the duties of an MRT I, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands and fingers to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to climb or balance and work in small spaces. Ladder work required. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 70 pounds. Ability to work in outside weather conditions on an airport ramp around aircrafts and the confined areas of baggage conveyor systems. Specific vision abilities required by this job include good close proximity vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Good hand / eye coordination is required.
The work environment is similar to airport operation with vehicular traffic. The employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts, high, precarious places, outside weather conditions, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, cold, and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud. Employees will work on an airport ramp around aircrafts and around heavy equipment.
As a member of the JBT team you’ll enjoy frequent company-sponsored events, as well as a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage + 401K.
JBT Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and complies with all federal and state laws, regulations and executive orders regarding affirmative action requirements in all programs.
JBT Corporation - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard