Amazon Kindle is a revolutionary reading device, the #1 best-selling product on all of Amazon, and one of the most innovative and fast growing businesses at Amazon. Amazon has also developed significant digital and mobile businesses include Amazon Kindle, Amazon MP3, Amazon Video on Demand, IMDB, Amazon Mobile store, and Audible.
Kindle for Android brings the Kindle reading ecosystem to many millions of Android phones and tablets around the world. We solve interesting, real-world challenges - from optimizing network bandwidth usage and overcoming slow networks, developing new ways to read, enjoy and share content, and developing reading platform abstractions to allow developers across Amazon to build new features such as X-Ray and Immersion Reading.
You're an experienced engineer looking for a career where you'll be able to build, deliver, and impress. You want to work on projects that require innovative and creative thinking, deep technical problem solving, and the opportunity to lead and mentor other engineers. You challenge yourself and others to constantly come up with better solutions. You're a thought leader, but you don't just know how to solve the problem, you prove it by building the solution. You have a high bar for coding excellence and a passion for design and architecture.
About us together:
We're going to change the way people read. Join a team that is innovating on the reading experience on mobile devices used by millions of Amazon customers. We're going to face challenging technical problems and interesting product challenges. We'll argue about how to solve them, and work together to find a solution that is superior to each of the ideas we came in with. We'll invent things the world has never seen before, and we'll live the Amazon motto to the fullest: Work hard, have fun, make history.
To learn more about the broader Kindle team at Amazon, visit www.amazon.com/careers/kindle.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Math, Physics or Electrical Engineering
- 7+ years professional experience in software development
- Proficiency in Computer Science fundamentals – object oriented design, data structures, algorithm - design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
- Proficiency in at least one modern object oriented language such as C++, Java or C#
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- 7 years of industry experience
- Experience building complex mobile applications on Android , iOS or Windows Phone platforms that have been successfully delivered to customers
- Experience delivering low-latency, consumer-internet-scale web services operating in a 24x7 environment
- Experience with Agile (SCRUM, RUP, XP), OO modeling, web services, UNIX, middleware and databases
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices for the full software development life cycle including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Experience mentoring and training the engineering community on complex technical issues
- Proven track record of delivery
- Sharp analytical abilities and proven design skills
Amazon strives to be Earth's most customer-centric company where people can find and discover virtually anything they want to buy online. By...