s Golf Coach - Position will Report to the Director of Golf**Coaching
• Train varsity golf teams for intercollegiate competition at a nationally competitive level.
• Develop and implement 5 year, annual, seasonal, monthly, weekly and daily plan for practice and development.
• Maintain and increase knowledge of golf training and coaching techniques.
• Supervise the training, development and placement of staff personnel.**Recruiting
• Evaluate prospective student-athletes.
• Develop and maintain correspondence for prospective student-athletes.
• Schedule, coordinate and supervise official and unofficial visits of prospective student-athletes.
• Supervise National Letter of Intent Signing and Athletic Financial Aid Contracts.**Academics
• Monitor academic performance of student-athletes.
• Counsel student-athletes.
• Insure compliance with all UCCS and NCAA regulations regarding academic eligibility requirements.**Scheduling
• Plan and coordinate Division II golf schedule within NCAA, Rocky Mountain Athletic Conference and institutional guidelines.
• Supervise match administration for any golf tournaments hosted by UCCS.
• Plan and coordinate team travel and lodging.**Fund Raising
• Solicit sponsors to provide cash, merchandise and/or services.
• Organize and sponsor tournaments and other athletic events.**Public Relations
• Develop and maintain positive public relations with the University and community.
• Project positive image of UCCS and Department of Athletics.
• Supervise correspondence regarding UCCS golf.
• Promote UCCS golf.**Other
• Adhere to and assist in the development of the budget of the women†s golf program.
• Other duties as prescribed by the Director of Athletics.**Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Knowledge of golf, training and coaching techniques
• Understanding of, or ability to learn, the NCAA forms and compliance requirements.
• Demonstrated experience working with diverse populations in a multi-cultural environment that is committed to diversity and equality in education.
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.NOTE: To formally apply for this job, please do so at the jobsatcu.com by following this link http://www.jobsatcu.com/postings/36706. You will need to fill out and submit a compete application through this site.Search Committee Chair- Assistant Athletic Director Erin Hiltner
National Collegiate Athletic Association - 2 years ago