The Senior Clinical Consultant assumes a role of leadership and specialized responsibilities within Clinical Product Management. Roles and responsibilities may include leading, developing and implementing new/strategic clinical quality products and services for various segments of the client base, primarily Medicare and Medicaid. Identify and lead process/product improvement initiatives in existing clinical/quality products as it relates to Medicare/Medicaid clinical quality product needs. Lead large/strategic cross-functional product/project work groups critical to the success of the clinical product team and the organization as a whole. As well, the Senior Clinical Consultant will be responsible for developing relationships with the Medicare team, understanding and navigating CMS guidance and and carrying a heightened strategic project-management role with various internal and external interactions with respect to maintaining compliance.
1. Effectively lead, develop and implement new/strategic clinical quality products and services for various segments of the client base, primarily Medicare and Medicaid.
2. Identify and lead process/product improvement/customization initiatives in existing clinical/quality products as it relates to Medicare/Medicaid clinical quality product needs..
3. Lead large/strategic cross-functional product/project work groups critical to the success of the clinical product team and the organization as a whole.
4. Develop relationships with the Medicare team, understand and navigate CMS guidance and and carry a heightened strategic project-management role with various internal and external interactions with respect to maintaining compliance. Shares best practice standards, understanding and interpretation of current industry trends and drug information, current and prospective client/consultant feedback, etc.
5. Effectively leads/facilitates/contributes to staff meetings, departmental committees, task forces, work groups; and provides on-the-job training and mentoring to peers, externs, residents, etc. based upon individual interests and career goals and needs of the business division and organization as a whole. Participates and contributes in formal and informal training programs and professional development activities. Takes on other functions necessary for business division/region success, as needed.
- Doctor of Pharmacy and advanced degrees or pharmacy residency preferred
- 8+ years general pharmacy experience, 2+ years being managed care, or PBM-like focus in managed care, and 2+ years ESI experience
- Current U.S. Pharmacist License
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Must have proven leadership skills, team-orientation, and a proactive and optimistic management style, strong commitment to client service and business division goals, and interest in developing/mentoring people while achieving results.
- Experienced with multiple task handling, prioritization, issue resolution, and project management in collaboration with multiple internal and external customers.
- Attention to detail and ability to comprehend complex guidance to maintain compliance.-
Express Scripts is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, nationality, ancestry, age, disability or status as a disabled veteran or veteran of the Vietnam era, pregnancy, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, citizenship or membership in any other legally protected class.
None of the questions in this application are intended to elicit information regarding any protected characteristics, nor imply any limitation, illegal preferences or discrimination based upon non-job-related information or protected characteristics.
Applicants must be able to pass a drug test and background investigation and, depending on position requirements, a Department of Defense background investigation. AA/EOE.
- 2 years ago - save job
Express Scripts is a Fortune 25 company and is the largest pharmacy benefit manager in the U.S.