Revise, implement and supervise a mental health program for social workers and activity therapists. This program provides medical and mental health patients access to services while meeting the policies, procedures and standards of the company. Will act as liaison with medical and security staff related to patient care issues, coordination of treatment planning, monitoring of high risk incidents, providing reports to supervisors and planning of patient schedules of activities. Services provided to the patient will include assessment and treatment of those with major mental illnesses. Treatment includes education, individual therapy, group theray, and activities. The treatment for families will include education and supportive therapy.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities :
- Provide initial assessment of patients admitted to the facility for a primary mental illness or referred to mental health for evaluation.
- Coordinate treatment teams and revise treatment plans.
- Plan and coordinate social work and activity therapy services throughout the hospital.
- Monitor high risk incidents.
- Write progress notes at least monthly on all patients.
- Provides hands-on therapy for patients (i.e.music and art therapy).
- Performs other duties as assigned.
JOB REQUIREMENTS: Minimum Requirements:
- Master's Degree in Social Work from an accredited School of Social Work. Licensure by the Board of Social Work Examiners within six months of graduation.
- Minimum two(2) years experience working in the fiedl of social work.
- Excellent communication skills verbal and written.
- Ability to work under pressure, flexibility, detailed oriented and adapt to and respond to changes.
The GEO Group, Inc.
- 2 years ago - save job
The GEO Group, Inc. (GEO) is the world's leading provider of correctional, detention, and community reentry services with 106 facilities,...