The Senior Research Scientist-Analytical Method Development manages all aspects of analytical method development, optimization, validation, and deployment. This individual will incorporate newly developed methods into the portfolio of analytical assays performed routinely as well as assess the on-going capability of the entire portfolio of analytical methods.
This position requires the research and development of new analytical methods associated with POET biorefining research and development operations in Sioux Falls and at POET Biorefining Plants. This scientist will have comprehensive knowledge of chromatography and detector technology including high content methodology such as spectrophotometric and mass spectrometry detectors.
Research Scientists are accountable for the projects they are given to manage and ensuring all analyses and reports are completed accurately and in a timely manner. Troubleshooting and routine maintenance of all analytical instruments is also required.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS/COMPETENCIES
To perform the essential functions of this position successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- M.S. degree in Chemistry, Biology or related field and five (5) years of method development experience in a R&D laboratory environment or a Ph.D. and two (2) years of experience in a R&D laboratory environment is required.
- Expertise with laboratory and office software including chromatography, statistical software such as JMP, and the ability and willingness to learn new software applications is required.
- Must be able to pay attention to details, be adaptable to the changing environment within the research laboratory.
- Effective oral and written communication and excellent interpersonal skills are also required.
- Knowledge in Word, Excel, and Outlook and the ability and willingness to learn new software applications.
- Excellent organizational skills, communications skills, the ability to multi-task, and most importantly, the ability to work well in a team.
POET - 10 months ago