Daily activities to include – monitoring and maintaining process plant operations, controls, motors, pumps and associated compressor facilities on high pressure gas pipeline systems.
Work rotating 12 hour shift schedules in a plant that operates 24/7 including weekends and holidays that fall within the scheduled shifts. Respond to after-hours call-outs as required by operational need or emergencies. This position requires active participation in Kinder Morgan’s Safety and Environmental programs with an emphasis on finishing each day incident and injury free.
• High school diploma or equivalent is required
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES & REGISTRATIONS
• Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license and a driving record satisfactory to the company and its insurers.
COMPETENCIES, SKILLS & ABILITIES
• 1-3 years work experience with mechanical/electrical training in industry related operations is preferred.
• Demonstrate the ability to operate, troubleshoot and maintain natural gas plant equipment, pumps, exchangers, compressors, and related auxiliary equipment.
• Possess the ability to operate forklifts and light industrial equipment.
• Demonstrate the ability to read, interpret and follow company policies, procedures and drawings.
• Must be able to respond in a timely manner to any emergency or after-hours callouts.
• Demonstrate the ability to accept supervision/direction and work effectively as a team member.
• Good computer skills (knowledge of MS Office, various operating systems, and other company software).
• Good math skills (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, fractions, decimals).
• Solid communication (verbal and written), and interpersonal skills.
• Must be able to perform all essential functions of the job.
• Must be able to withstand extreme conditions; will work outside in all environmental conditions.
• Must be able to frequently: enter confined spaces; and climb to and work from elevated platforms, ladders and walkways.
• Must be able to lift a minimum of 20 pounds in awkward positions, and 50 pounds from floor to waist, with or without reasonable accommodations.
• Must be able to see, hear, walk and talk effectively.
• Must be able to work outdoors in adverse weather conditions.
The successful candidate will be required to clear a drug screen and a complete background check, after an offer has been extended and prior to being employed.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed. This position may perform other duties as assigned.
Kinder Morgan is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, citizenship status, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability or any other legally protected status. EOE/M/F/D/V
This can get Kinder complicated: Kinder Morgan Management (KMM) was created by pipeline operator Kinder Morgan, Inc. to be the limited...