Our company is one of the leading providers of dedicated delivery service to the automotive industry in the U.S.A.
We currently have an opening for a Facility Manager at our Parts Distribution Center. If you are interested in joining an industry leader who has earned the respect of our clients and peers, and you have the ambition and drive to succeed, you just may be the candidate we are looking for.
The General Manager is responsible for managing all staff, which includes administrative, supervisory, and warehouse personnel as well as CDL drivers. Also responsible for proper maintenance and tracking of fleet equipment which operates in multiple cities and states. The preferred candidate will possess a proven track record in managing the overall functions of a transportation/logistics operation, including, but not limited to; personnel management, payroll, business metrics, fuel compliance, fleet/equipment maintenance, DOT and OSHA compliance, Safety training and route planning. This position will oversee an operation that is responsible for safe, accurate and timely overnight deliveries to our valued customers.
Minimum of seven years Transportation Management experience. College Degree preferred
- Multi-task, prioritize and delegate in a fast-paced environment
- Provide operational leadership including training, coaching and development of supervisors, staff and drivers.
- Provide on-time deliveries when driver/equipment issues arise, regardless of the time of day/night
- Meet customer's expectations by providing excellent customer service
- Monitor and assist with fleet maintenance program
- Interpret and manage business metrics
- Read and interpret Profit & Loss statements
- Maintain constant professionalism when dealing with customers, clients, site and HQ personnel
- Ensure site employees adhere to all corporate policies and local S.O.P's
- Be a detail-oriented, problem solver
- Complete special projects as assigned by Regional Manager
- Strong Computer skills including MS Excel, Word – Power Point a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, particularly in correspondence via email
We offer a highly competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package. For immediate confidential consideration, please email your resume.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V