Job Title: Assistant Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Summary: The Assistant’s primary function is to support, oversee, and direct the valet service and cashiers. This is a hands-on position that will require the supervisor to interface with staff and guests on a routine basis. The Supervisor is also expected to communicate regularly with and report any issues to the Location Manager in a timely manner. Ideally, this position works a schedule that is counter to the Location Manager for maximum management exposure.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Smile, be pleasant and deliver the company Brand Promise.
• Guide new hire training and orientation with regards to AmeriPark and location processes for all operational staff.
• Ensure that every visitor is met and greeted upon facility entrance, doors opened (valet), assistance with luggage, jackets, wheelchairs, etc.
• Scheduling of personal work / tasks in close correlation to duties of the position. Schedules work to be done based on key priorities rather than personal wants.
• Meets with team members regularly and provides feedback for both positive and negative work product.
• Ensure complete patron satisfaction / conflict resolution – escalating when necessary.
• Scheduling of assigned line staff – Post and provide schedule to Manager as well as ensure communicate schedule to staff weekly via email
• Ensure safe and ease of traffic flows throughout the various parking fields at the account. Regularly monitor valet and shuttle behavior and professionalism.
• Remedy and or notify Location Manager of any and all equipment failures and hazards of AmeriPark’s areas of responsibility
• Through own practice, exemplify and uphold AmeriPark customer service and performance standards with strong focus on delivering the brand promise.
• Assist Location Manager in screening, hiring, and training of all new staff to location.
• Set and communicate expectations and maintain a clean and neat workspace and surrounding area.
• Process manager for incident reporting (twice daily), deposit reporting, daily ticket audits, daily field reports and physical deposits of revenue to bank – submission to Location Manager for verification, approval, and submission to bank.
• Reconciliation and verification of daily revenues from parking operation with Location Manager, (cash, charges, validations, etc.) – (Evening Supervisor fills this role for second shift).
• Daily check and monitoring of all cash control systems.
• Assist in conducting internal / external audit scheduling and supervision.
• Monitor all staff throughout shift, using internal audit techniques for both service and cash controls. Providing immediate feedback for both positive and negative behaviors. Providing documentation in cases where policy violations occur.
• Detailed preparation and review of all revenue collection reports by shift or as deemed appropriate by Location Manager. Thorough investigation of any discrepancies and detailed notes submitted with reports.
• Reconciliation of register tapes against collected revenues. Thorough investigation of any discrepancies and detailed notes submitted with reports.
• Collection of time cards, preparation of reporting and review of payroll prior to submittal for payment. Any discrepancies are to be investigated and corrected as soon as possible. Payroll accuracy is defined goal.
• Perform or delegate daily verification that scheduled staff is in place and in uniform. This includes issuing positive and negative feedback when necessary and providing documentation of incident when outside of compliance. Staff member signature required for all disciplinary notices or notes to file.
• Serve as support for personnel by providing staff members with necessary tools to perform daily functions. When issues are reported such as ‘out-of-stock’ on an item, see it through that necessary replacement material has been ordered.
• Securley collect revenue drops throughout shift per the location established process. Any exception to this process should be noted in manager logbook.
• Serve as the ‘Head Cashier’ during shift change in order to facilitate shift change / bank exchange procedures.
• Perform reconciliation of all dropped monies at end of day, signed by each Supervisor and cashier. Any exceptions are to be noted on the manager logbook with detailed information.
• Perform or delegate daily check of equipment to ensure proper working condition. Any exceptions are to be noted on the manager logbook with detailed information.
• When assigned by manager or more senior AmeriPark, perform random audits for the property as assigned.
• Proper documentation, follow through, and storage of all incident reports.
• Responsible for reinforcement and training of AmeriPark employee’s on company service and safety standards. Utilizing and assigning established training for correcting behavior.
• Act as onsite leader / decision maker in directing staff based on issues arising from high or low demand.
• Resolve any escalated guest service issue, document, and report to Management. In escalated circumstances, contact Location Manager for guidance.
• Weekly review / follow-up of any outstanding issues contained within manager logbook. Any outstanding issues are to be brought to the manager’s attention in a weekly meeting.
- To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
• Quality - Monitors own work and work of team to ensure quality standards are being met.
• Problem Solving – Identifies issues and creates solutions.
• Interpersonal - Maintains confidentiality and professional disposition.
• Oral Communication – Participates in active listening and gets clarification. Ensures recipient is engaged in listening as well.
• Accountability – Holds self and team to company standards consistently.
• Reliability – Seeks clarity and follows instructions in response to management direction. Reports to work and performs duties in a timely and organized fashion.
• Planning/Organizing - Organizes and schedules staff and their tasks. Ensuring that client, guests, and employee needs are addressed.
• Leadership - Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position while providing direction.
• Quantity - Works efficiently and effectively. Performs duties relevant to the job and to the property, does not waste company time on personal and or unproductive tasks.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. As AmeriPark’s airport portfolio grows, this position may be looked upon for immediate promotion to Location Manger at a new or existing location. Thus, the ability and willingness to relocate is an absolute must.
- 2 – 3 years of valet parking experience (preferably in a high volume setting)
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
Should have led a team effort either through work, school, civic or other area. Has been responsible for the work of others and accepts the responsibility of the position.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before clients, and peers.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Word Processing software; Spreadsheet software, General web application
Certificates and Licenses:
- Valid Drivers License
- Pass criminal background and drug screen
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- This position will require professional dress attire through uniform or other acceptable means.
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to work at a fast pace, while keeping safety in mind. This is a job performed outdoors exposing one to all elements of each season. All staff will be operating motor vehicles and are expected to understand how to safely operate them. Other non-valet traffic will be a factor to watch for in the parking area. There may be a long run to retrieve vehicles from parking spaces and one must be able to perform this action.
AmeriPark - 19 months ago
At AmeriPark, we win by taking care of others. We challenge our Staff to exceed the usual definitions of what it means to "park...