Capitol Aggregates, a business of Zachry that provides high quality cement to our customers, has an Electrician position available in San Antonio, Texas near Wurzbach and Nacogdoches.
Hours are 6 AM – 3:30 PM Monday – Friday and must be on call every 3rd week. This position requires working outside 70% of the time. You must state your hourly wage requirements to be considered and you must possess steady work history. You also must possess excellent attendance, attention to detail, interpersonal skills, initiative, commitment to task and safety record. Must be able to pass work reference checking, background checking and drug testing.
PURPOSE OF JOB
Responsible for troubleshooting and repairing electrical problems with production equipment. Needs to perform safe isolation of equipment up to 4160 VAC.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE - Required
- Repairs assigned electrical work daily. Required to furnish own hand tools.
- Inspects and repairs/replaces lighting, switchgear, contacts, electrical cords, wiring electrical motors, switch gear and other electrical equipment.
- Follows N.E.C. on new or existing installations. Follows and enforces Capitol Aggregates electrical safety program.
- Checks, services and repairs all air pilots in field or shop, as appropriate.
- Cleans tools, equipment, work areas, switch houses, replaces a/c filters as needed, inspects and services electrical components on electrical and gas heaters.
- Performs electrical maintenance checks, inspects and service DC batteries, maintains electrical systems on dust collectors and checks plant grounding system daily.
- Works with mechanics in replacing or repairing electrical equipment. Keeps documentation up to date on checklists, etc.
- Assists with reprogramming of programmable controllers.
- Works on VFDs, DC drives and PLC systems.
- Supports the plant safety program and enforces the rules and regulations of Capitol Cement, M.S.H.A. and NFPA2OE.
- Works independent but is expected to check with Electrical Supervisor or Maintenance Lead.
- Required to furnish own hand tools.
- Assists other plant employees in moving, storing, setting up and cleaning activities.
- Cleans tools, equipment and work area as needed.
- Perform duties that are not listed on this job description but are assigned by Supervisor and/or Lead
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE – Desired
- GED/High School Diploma
- Minimum of 4 years practical working experience in electrical systems within industrial electrical construction.
- Must have Journeyman Electrician License.
- Must be proficient using test instruments, meters, high voltage testers, power tools and hand tools.
- Must have own hand tools, be able to work at heights and be able to read blue prints.
- Must be able to work from 6 AM – 3:30 PM Monday – Friday and must be on call every 3rd week.
- Must be able to working outside 70% of the time and must be able to lift 50 pounds with frequent lifting of 10 pounds.
- Must possess steady work history. Must possess excellent attendance, attention to detail, interpersonal skills, initiative, commitment to task and safety record.
- Must be able to pass work reference checking, background checking and drug testing.
- Experience troubleshooting VFDs, DC drives and PLC systems.
Capitol Aggregates has excellent wage and benefits. Pay is based on years of experience. Capitol Aggregates is also committed to a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. EEO Please send your resume with detailed work history and hourly wage requirement to: email@example.com . No phone calls please. Resumes without detailed work history, wage requirements or unsteady employment history will not be considered.