What you would do: As a member of Oblong’s video team, you will be responsible for developing and integrating video telepresence capabilities into the g-speak spatial operating environment. Your role will include designing and implementing C++ APIs and frameworks for connecting remote users and data.
At Oblong we are creating solutions enabling users to effectively collaborate and interact with vast amounts of video and data across platforms from room-scale displays and advanced workstations all the way down to tablets and smart phones. You will be part of the team that is extending g-speak and our Mezzanine shared work environment with powerful new telepresence capabilities.
Specific responsibilities include:
What we look for: The right person for this role is a self-starter who has the ability to take direction, yet thrives in an independent work environment. With a wide range of experience from architecture to delivering quality, efficient, and well-documented code, you enjoy managing a variety of tasks and have the following qualifications:
- Integration of g-speak capabilities with standards based session initiation and presence services
- Ensuring Interoperability with 3rd party telepresence endpoints
- Implementing efficient mechanisms for streaming video and audio over standards based protocols
- Creating flexible architectures for reaching a wide range of device types across heterogeneous networks
Benefits and Perks:
- At least 3-5 years of previous experience developing Video over IP and/or VoIP systems
- Proficiency in C and C++ in a Linux and/or Mac OS X environment
- Fluency in SIP, RTP, RTSP, H.323 a plus
- Proven ability to design and develop IP based telecommunication systems and/or applications
- Competitive compensation package of salary and stock options
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401K plan
Oblong Industries - 15 months ago
Oblong Industries is the developer of the g-speak spatial operating environment.
The SOE's combination of gestural i/o, recombinant networ...