Required Skills & Traits:|
1. Negotiates room blocks, room rates, function space, food and beverage prices, and hotel services within approved departmental booking guidelines. Confirms in writing to the client and all affected hotel departments all group requirements via group sales contract, corporate rate agreement.
- Excellent verbal communication/presentation skills
- Strong business writing skills
- Ability to gain confidence and build rapport with customers
- Excellent time-management skills and ability to delegate and handle multiple priorities
- Exhibit creative problem solving and strategizing
- Strong organizational skills for most effective results and efficiency
- Strong negotiating skills and decision-making capabilities resourcefulness to conduct independent research and gather information to fully understand your market and strong analytical skills
- Ability to handle conflict and resolve problem situations in a levelheaded manner
- Ability to prioritize and delegate as needed
2. Participates in sales trips to key feeder markets and attends trade shows to maximize the generation of hotel sales and revenues.
3. Participates in industry and civic organizations and all local community functions representing sales opportunities for the hotel.
4. Conducts hotel tours and entertains qualified potential clients in accordance with the company and property policies.
5. Calls on prospects to solicit business, analyzes requirements of function, outlines available hotel facilities and services offered, and quotes prices.
6. Sell group business within the assigned markets.
7. Confers with customer and hotel department heads to plan function details such as space requirements, publicity, and time schedule.
8. Plan, execute and follow up quality sales trips to assigned geographic markets and trade shows on a regular basis.
9. Selects and releases hotel publicity
10. Responsible for development, solicitation, maintenance of accounts in assigned market segments to meet or exceed budgeted goals, and for the management of all aspects of the Sales department in accordance with hotel standards.
11. Review daily status of business, schedules, priority assignments, booking and all information pertinent to the department operation; organize traces for follow-up.
12. Monitor and handle all inquiry calls on a timely basis; actively solicit and book business following hotel standards.
13. Meet with clients to work out the details of their requirements for rooms; suggestively sell hotel features and benefits.
14. Attend trade shows, chamber functions, etc.; Prepare reports and annual Sales & marketing plan, etc.; complete weekly and month end reports, accurately and on time enthusiastic and positive attitude
This position requires strong negotiation skills and good judgment, as well as the ability to work well with other departments and maintain strong interpersonal relationships both inside and outside the hotel. We prefer prior hotel operations experience and sales experience within the area market. Some travel is required.
You will be responsible for contacting new clients and maintaining rapport with existing client base. You will analyze the hotel's demand segments, sources of business for each segment and manage pricing and rooms inventory to maximize revenues and profits. You will be expected to know the principle competition for each segment and leverage hotel's relative strengths against each. Every member of our sales team must maintain customer satisfaction as the driving philosophy of the business.
Requires a minimum of 1-2 years in a hotel sales management position. Experience in all markets a plus. Familiar with applicable hotel standards and procedures. Working knowledge of upscale, full service properties is preferred. Requires knowledge, skill and ability in hotel sales. Requires excellent oral and written communication skills. Must possess the ability to professionally represent the property. Computer proficiency required.
- Meet assigned market segments budgeted sales and profit margin by soliciting, selling, and confirming business as required.
- Coordinates with various departments the activities related to booked business.
- Maintains flow of information within the hotel by reviewing sales work file of assigned accounts.
- Increases sales volume and profitability by assisting in developing and executing projects for assigned market areas as stated in the hotel marketing plan.