Position is responsible for supporting day-to-day operations within Streamline by providing technical assistance to the organization. This will include troubleshooting issues with Microsoft Windows, 3rd party software, as well as in-house developed applications. In addition, this position is responsible for managing electronic assets for Streamline including cell phones, PCs, laptops, headsets, etc. and helping users solve business issues using available data in various application databases.
This is a Band B position in the Streamline IT group, reporting to Brent Coonrod. Streamline is a subsidiary of Union Pacific Railroad.
- General Operational Support -- Provide the Operations department at Streamline with support for technical issues that may arise in a given day. This includes issues with 3rd party software installed on a user workstations and in-house developed software.
- Pegasus Operational Support -- Provide support for the Pegasus TMS (Transportation Management System) that Streamline uses to conduct day-to-day business. This will include troubleshooting individual issues as well as looking for and documenting recurring issues in order to improve the product.
- Manage technical assets for Streamline -- Manage the ordering and setup of Computers, software, and phones for Streamline employees. This will include interfacing with the proper employees at Union Pacific in order to provide these assets.
- Data Analysis -- Provide Streamline employees with assistance in finding data to solve their business needs. This may include running ad-hoc SQL queries to retrieve data, or building reports for recurring questions. Reports may need to be built in Coldfusion, Java, or Hyperion Analytics.
Preferred Education, Training, Experience or Skills:
- Lotus Notes Administration -- Manage and support Lotus Notes Development, include creating databases and email groups for operational effectiveness.
- A Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, MIS or related field. Strong applicable experience
- 5 year(s) experience / knowledge in Information Technology maintaining and troubleshooting issues within a Microsoft Windows environment
- Proficient analytical and problem-solving skills Ability to understand user issues and ensure that they are resolved
- Advanced communication skills
Union Pacific - 18 months ago
Union Pacific Corporation (UPC) is engaged in the transportation business. The Company’s operating company, Union Pacific Railroad...