***Position will be filled as a Pipeman 1st class, or Pipeman 2nd class depending on the qualifications and experience of the selected candidate.***
1. Installing pipe, backfill trenches, raising structures, large meters, equipment, etc.
2. Use hand or power tools to cut, thread pipe, tap, align, bend and make up related fittings in the construction, maintenance and the removal of gas mains and services.
3. Perform thermal and solvent welding in the installation and maintenance of plastic pipe distribution systems.
4. Assist in locating and repairing all types of leaks or breaks in the distribution system
5. Operate Company trucks and automobiles.
6. Load and unload materials and supplies, tractor, backhoe, trenching machine, air compressor, etc.
9. Keep records, and all necessary paperwork.
10. Meet all OSHA, DOT, and Operators Qualification standards, training and procedures.
11. Meet with and assist external contractors in resolving conflicts with gas facilities.
Must have prior experience in operating equipment such as backhoe, trenching machine, and directional boring equipment.
1. Must possess or be able to obtain Class A- C.D.L.
2. Have thorough knowledge of regulations regarding the hauling of heavy equipment, trailers, etc.
3. Know Company''s safety rules and be able to administer all approved methods of resuscitation and be able to render practical first aid.
4. Have utility locating experience including the use of specialized locating equipment.
EXPERIENCE AND SPECIAL QUALIFICATIONS:
1st Class Pipeman - to be hired as a first class Pipeman, applicant must possess five years of natural gas distribution construction and maintenance experience.
2nd Class Pipeman - to be hired as a second class Pipeman, applicant must possess a minimum of five years experience in underground utility (water, cable, electric, etc.) construction and maintenance experience
Must possess a High School Diploma or equivalent.