Accountant – Financial Reporting
The Accountant, Financial Reporting, works within the Airgas Corporate Financial Reporting Group and closely with Corporate Accounting, Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A), Tax, Treasury, Investor Relations and other corporate departments. This position plays an integral role in the preparation of external financial reports, including Form 10-Ks,10-Qs and 8-Ks, as well as internal financial reports.
SCOPE AND IMPACT:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assist in preparation of SEC filings including 10-Qs, 10-Ks, 8-Ks and 11-Ks
- Assist in technical accounting research and the preparation of supporting documentation
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual analysis on a wide array of accounting areas, including, but not limited to, equity rollforward, fixed asset rollforward, business insurance, goodwill impairment analysis, stock-based compensation, etc.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly analytics over the income statement and cash flow statement
- Ensure compliance with GAAP and SEC accounting and reporting requirements
- Support and assist external auditors’ quarterly review and annual audit processes
- Interact with accounting department, FP&A and investor relations to ensure complete and accurate disclosures
- Assist with special projects and other duties as needed
LANGUAGE / COMMUNICATION SKILLS
- Bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting from a four-year university or college required
- One-to-three years of work experience either in public accounting or a similar financial reporting role
- Good communication skills and an ability to interact with all levels of management at corporate and at the operating unit level
- Self-motivated, proactive individual that is comfortable working both independently and with groups
- Ability to manage multiple projects under time constraints
Ability to read, analyze and interpret common accounting journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to inquiries and requests from other departments and external auditors. Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to effectively present information to associates, top management and public groups.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to apply principles of logical thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems. Ability to deal with nonverbal symbolism (formulas, equations, graphs, etc.,) in its most difficult phases. Ability to deal with a variety of abstract and concrete variables.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Certified Public Accountant (CPA) license preferred. Must possess a valid state driver's license.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to sit. The associate is occasionally required to stand; walk; and use hands to finger, handle, or feel a computer keyboard or calculator. The associate must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Airgas Inc. - 12 months ago
Airgas, Inc. (NYSE: ARG), through its subsidiaries, is one of the nation’s leading suppliers of industrial, medical and specialty...