NanoSelect, Inc. is a nanotechnology company developing micro-scale sensors for high-end applications. The company believes that its technologies are important in creating the next wave of enhanced products for environmental and biomedical applications.
The Company is seeking a Chemist with a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience to join our technical team in Wilmington, Delaware. The individual will be responsible for solving technical problems related to the commercialization of nanotube products and applications.
The position requires the ability to design and synthesize organic compounds that can be incorporated into the company’s patented nanotube-based platform chemistry.
The individual should be a goal-oriented, creative scientist capable of working independently in a start-up company environment. Good communication skills and team spirit are required. The ideal candidate should be a “hands-on” individual with good organization skills, experimental design aptitude, and a follow-through to completion mindset.
- MS or PhD in chemistry.
- Minimum 5 years of laboratory experience post degree (GLP).
- Excellent understanding in multi-step synthesis of complex organic molecules.
- Expert in designing , synthesizing, purifying and characterizing organic molecules.
- Exceptional understanding in surface functionalization chemistry and surface characterization.
- Experience in synthesis, fabrication and characterization of polymeric thin films is desirable.
- Knowledge of electrochemistry is highly desirable.
- Academic or industrial experience with sensor design and applications.
- Statistical analysis experience.
- Creative problem solving skills and critical thinking required.
- Ability to work independently and be a self-starter.
- Integrate laboratory innovations into commercial products and applications.
- Work effectively in high-pressure environment.
- Design, perform, and troubleshoot laboratory experiments.
- Clearly understand project goals and set and achieve milestone objectives.
- Effective communication and organizational skills.
- Fluently speak, read and write in English.
Compensation will depend on experience and skills. The compensation package includes a salary, stock options, and health care benefits.
Monster - 12 months ago