If you are working or aspiring to work in today's United States Intelligence Community.....NOW is the time to join our growing team at L-3 STRATIS!
L-3 is a rapidly growing public company (NYSE: LLL) with revenues estimated at $12.5 Billion, and over 60,000 dedicated employees. L-3 is a leading supplier of communications and specialized products and services to the US Department of Defense, intelligence agencies, federal civilian agencies, state and local governments, foreign governments, and major aerospace and defense prime contractors.
L-3 STRATIS is an industry leader in Information Management and Sharing, with emphasis on serving the Intelligence and National Security Communities. L-3 STRATIS provides a wide range of Intelligence Analyst support, software and systems design, development and integration to government intelligence customers and prime contractors. We are looking for all levels of UNIX Administrators.
Must be a US Citizen and eligible for a Security Clearance
- Provides administration and troubleshooting for various UNIX-based operating systems and utilities.
- Manages trouble tickets, diagnoses problems, and recommends and/or implements solutions.
- Maintains smooth operation of multi-user computer systems, including coordination with network administrators.
- Duties may include setting up administrator and service accounts, maintaining system documentation, tuning system performance, installing system wide software and allocating mass storage space.
- Provides backup recovery.
- Develops and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources.
- Supports lab environment, configuring and maintaining equipment.
Work is contingent on obtaining required clearance.
Ability to deploy patches, plan and implement upgrades, and build new machines as required.
- Experience in maintaining and troubleshooting enterprise infrastructure using UNIX-like operating systems such as Solaris, HP-UX, Red Hat Linux, SUSE Linux, Ubuntu, or other Linux distributions.
Training or Certification in a particular UNIX OS
- Enterprise Server O&M Architecture
Currently Seeking Entry to Senior Level Candidates
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
US Security Clearance Required
Day - 1st
Yes, 25 % of the Time
L-3 Communications - 16 months ago
L-3 GCS believes a satellite communications system is more than the sum of its parts. The systems integrator resells satellite telephones...