Responsible for the technical design, planning, implementation, and the highest level of performance tuning and recovery procedures for mission critical enterprise systems. Serve as a technical expert in the area of system administration for UNIX or Linux operating systems. Investigates and analyzes feasibility of system requirements and develops system specifications. Functions will also include storage capacity planning, backup/restore processes, and storage administration.
- UNIX or Linux systems design, architecture, and support.
- SAN and NAS design, architecture, and support.
- Ensures all backup and recovery systems are implemented and maintained.
- Support and maintain an active disaster recovery plan.
- Build partnerships and works closely with other teams.
- Work under general direction from senior management. Establishes and recommends policies for system use and services.
- Ability to identify and automate processes.
- A solid understanding of a UNIX-based operating system, understand paging and swapping, devices and device drivers, file system concepts, can use performance analysis to tune systems.
- A solid understanding of networking, distributed computing environment concepts, understand the principles of routing, the design of consistent network-wide filesystem layouts.
- Apply principles of logical thinking to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Work productively and harmoniously with others on a consistent basis.
- Respond positively to direction and criticism of performance.
- Consistently maintain professional and appropriate demeanor.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education, Skills and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of training/experience required.
- 2-5 years experience in programming with administrative language (Perl, a shell, Python, etc.) required.
- 5+ years experience managing 100+ server environments required.
- 3+ years experience with Netbackup software required.
- 3+ years experience with Redhat or SUSE Linux required.
- Linux certifications preferred.
Due to the nature of the needs in the office, regular and reliable attendance is required. Must be able to work at least 37.5 hours perrequiring extended hours.
Physical, Mental & Sensory Requirements
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive or exclusive list of the required responsibilities, duties and skills. Management retains the discretion to add to or change the duties and requirements of this position at any time, as needs dictate.
Zenith Insurance Company - 30+ days ago
Zenith Insurance Company (“Zenith”) is a national workers’ compensation carrier with more than 60 years of experience help...