Lead our Operational Excellence Program and implement process improvement activities in all the business and support units of the plant. Support the training and development of associates in the use of continuous improvement tools to increase customer satisfaction, reduce complexity and lower operating costs across all functions of the company.
People Manager Functions:
- Lead and manage the implementation of the Operational Excellence Program to identify and complete business process improvement projects across all functions of the plant.
- Develop organizational capabilities required to become a flexible operation focusing on business efficiency, customer service, quality mindset, continuous improvement, and competitiveness to become a high performance organization.
- Ensure sustainable growth on an increasing complex environment identifying capacity constraints to manage, plan and implement investments on infrastructure capabilities to support future business requirements providing flexibility to the operation.
- Establish measurements and reporting systems to track efficiencies gained through process improvement initiatives.
- Lead, train, mentor and coach process improvement teams.
- Deploy process methodology and tools and ensures application.
- Provide input and recommendations for continuous improvement in processes and overall improvement initiatives.
- Develop improvement standards to ensure consistent approach and application between and among teams.
- Review progress of project teams against goals and objectives.
- Identify problems and provide feedback, coaching and follow up to ensure resolution. Recognize barriers to efforts and work to remove them.
- Develop and execute communication plans to increase the awareness and commitment to OE.
- Schedule and facilitate working sessions to resolve issues, mitigate risks and set priorities
Quality, Occupational Safety & Environmental General Responsibilities:
- Provide direct reports with leadership, direction, and coaching to achieve work objectives and improve performance and skills.
- Ensure direct reports or project team members have clarity about their roles and responsibilities.
- Ensure appropriate and needed resources in support of others are available and accessible so desired outcomes can be achieved.
- Provide experiences, recognition, rewards, and resources that are focused on the development and motivation of individuals.
- Provide feedback and development to others to support their ability to complete their work responsibilities effectively.
- Hold regular discussions with each direct report to discuss progress toward goals, review and provide performance feedback, review development progress, and acknowledge achievement of objectives.
- Ensure the compliance of Company policies and procedures.
- Manage the progressive corrective action process of direct reports.
- Complete on time the investigations and reports of direct reports incidents related to occupational accidents, disciplinary actions, unfulfilled procedures or working instructions, corrective actions, etc.
- Participates in the definition of individual and department objectives / metrics that contribute to the continuous improvement, focusing on the quality, occupational safety and environmental aspects.
- Performs job responsibilities in compliance with the Quality Integrated Policy and the requirements established in the Occupational Safety, Environmental and Quality programs and the GMP policy.
- Assures to understand and to have the training, skills and necessary certifications of programs, working instructions, quality, occupational safety and environmental regulations applicable to the job.
- Notifies immediately or uses the preventive action system to register any accident or incident which could cause a potential risk in the working area, related to environmental and occupational safety aspects or that can affect the quality of the product or plant indicators.
- Uses the corrective action system to register and to establish action plans for the effective solution of process deviations and to prevent the reoccurrence of non-conformances.
- Participates and promotes all activities related to the occupational safety, environmental and quality programs in order to promote the development of knowledge and skills (Safety Committee, Emergency Brigade Group, Corrective Actions, and Preventive Actions, among others).
- Knows the plant indicators and how own job responsibilities can impact them.
- Contributes to the continuous improvement process sharing innovative ideas and recommendations and notifying Manager of any discrepancy between current practices and documentation.
- Support all initiatives that encourage improvement in all environmental, occupational safety and quality aspects of the processes and work environment to reduce human errors.
- Analyze and monitor operational data to maintain course of actions to be completed.
- Prepare procedures, reports and presentations.
- Communicate Teams (Internal and external) on progress, plans, best practices and significant learning.
- Promote vision of delivering operational excellence in all aspects of work in the plant.
- Support the implementation of Company Business Systems in the plant as SAP, The Coca-Cola Quality System, Supply Chain Excellence, and Six Sigma.
- Become the subject matter expert in at least one lean tool.
- Coach the leaders of the activities related to the development of the voice of the customer activities.
- Coach the leaders of the problem solving activities process in the areas. Trains the associates in the use of the 3’C T-cards, Idea cards and Big C.
- Coach the leaders of the activities related to the com centers the use of the forms and the work place audits.
- Coach the leaders of the development of the tactical implementation plan of the areas
- Coach the leader of the standard work instructions, the initiative’s to collect standard times and the line balance activities.
Experience: At least 5 years in a manufacturing environment, with at least 3 years working in the plant and 1yr working with HPT or OE initiatives.
Education: A Bachelor degree, preferably in Science or Engineering
Preferred Requirements: Fully bilingual in English and Spanish. Six Sigma Green Belt.
Honesty and integrity have always been cornerstone values of The Coca-Cola Company. Our passion for people of integrity mirrors our spirited drive for total quality in our brands. These and other elements allow the company to sustain strategic practices and drive business performance. The Personnel Integrity Assurance Program is another step toward making The Coca-Cola Company the premier workplace. This process includes a pre-employment background investigation that applies to all applicants
and contractors of the company. The scope of this inquiry may cover such elements as education
a criminal history check
and a pre-employment drug screen. Designated countries or sensitive positions within the company may have more stringent standards.
At The Coca-Cola Company you can cultivate your career in a challenging and dynamic environment. We are the largest manufacturer and distributor of nonalcoholic drinks in the world-selling more than 1 billion drinks a day. Unlock your full potential with a future-focused company that is known and respected throughout the world.
CocaCola - 12 months ago
The Coca-Cola Company is a manufacturer, distributor and marketer of nonalcoholic beverage concentrates and syrups in the world. Finished...