The Manager, Global Support Services Operations & Business Planning will provide strategic leadership, comprehensive planning, and oversight for the GSS operational functions. This includes, but is not limited to, workforce capacity planning, measurement, support experience, business continuity, test labs and other global resources, projects, programs and process management.
This position will contribute directly to the success of Global Support Services (GSS) and Red Hat by ensuring continual operation of the mission critical Support organization. The role will contribute directly to the success of our customers and core business. Primary job responsibilities
- Business Intelligence and Forecasting – build up a global team to fulfill our measurement, reporting and forecasting needs. Establish a practice for standardized reports and frequent reporting for GSS.
- Workforce and Capacity Planning – establish and lead our global workforce and capacity planning competencies to optimize coverage, engagement and productivity.
- Support Partner Management – provide strategic leadership to support partner management (vendor management includes service audits and financial controls).
- Support Experience – provide strategic leadership and management to Customer Experience team and continue GSS's evolution from transaction surveys to more comprehensive customer engagement and satisfaction surveys (e.g. Net Promoter).
- Project and Program Management – manage GSS's project management competencies, lead global strategic programs and foster a culture of continuous improvement, execution and accountability.
- Process Management – establish GSS-wide process engineering and management capabilities. Lead establishment of process certification competencies.
- Work closely with GSS global management staff to develop, set, articulate and deploy strategic and operational initiatives.
- Business Continuity Planning – manage the business continuity activities for GSS and participate in company-wide Business Continuity Program.
- GSS Labs – provide strategic leadership to GSS test labs and shared resources. Bachelor’s degree in engineering and MBA or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Telephony Requirements – work with regional GSS managers and internal IT to set strategic plans for the telephony requirements and tie those plans with internal and external workforce planning and forecasting.
- Collaborate with GSS regional managers, support center managers, and other senior management staff to ensure smooth support operations across regions and support teams considering specific operational and financial parameters.
- Lead and coordinate the effort of regular analysis of operational issues, identify solutions, and provide recommendations. Required skills
- 5+ years experience as a strategic, senior manager of a support organization within a software or hardware company
- Bachelors degree in a technical discipline; engineering is preferred
- Global experience – must have led a global support organization
- Proven ability to interact effectively and diplomatically throughout all levels of associates and with those from diverse cultural backgrounds
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Outstanding communication & presentation skills
- Ability to think strategically and develop strategic plans
- Capacity to translate strategic plans into communication and execution plans
- Aptitude to connect and lead teams through rapid change and maintain focus on the execution of strategic initiatives
- Familiarity with support concepts like Knowledge-Centered Support, swarming and industry groups like HDI and TSIA
- Linux skills and knowledge of open source as a business model is preferred
Red Hat doffs its cap to businesses that embrace open-source computing tools. The company dominates the market for Linux, the open-source...