This twelve month professional position is a Registered Nurse in partnership with Nursing Program Instructors responsible for planning, coordinating and facilitating education interventions and the instruction of Practical and Associate Degree (RN) students in the FVCC nursing lab and at clinical sites. This position reports to the Nursing Program Director and also receives direction from nursing instructors.
Example of Duties:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Serves as professional role model to students.
· Provides instructional support functions in a self-paced or open nursing lab environment under the guidance of nursing instructors.
· Knowledge of basic nursing equipment and supplies.
· Maintains supply usage records and monitors equipment check-outs.
· Works with students individually and in small groups to demonstrate procedures and use of equipment and materials.
· Collaborates with nursing instructors to review completed student work assignments and suggest resource material for study
· Troubleshoots equipment problems
· Assists students in equipment operation
· Advises appropriate person in the case of malfunctioning equipment
· Under the guidance of nursing instructors, assists with the preparation, reproduction and assembly of tests, handouts, syllabi and other educational aids
· Grades lab oriented tests as assigned by lead nursing course instructor
· Records resulting grades as directed
· Maintains attendance records, utilization records and statistics as directed
· Provides information periodically to meet department guidelines
· Orders inventory equipment and supplies
· Coordinates and maintains simulation manikins in accordance with manufacturer’s instructions
· Facilitates simulation sessions with students under the guidance of nursing instructors
· Writes simulations for lab scenarios in coordination with nursing instructors and other health science programs
· Participates in clinical instruction for NRSG 138, 140, 142, 148, 252, 254, 262 and other courses as directed
· Demonstrates the ability to plan, organize, implement and evaluate instructional materials in assigned areas of nursing lab and clinical teaching.
· Participates in professional development for personal and professional growth.
· Provides or recommends support and assistance for students having difficulty in achieving course objectives (individual meetings with instructors, tutoring, etc.)
· Maintains office hours according to FVCC policies.
· Perform other related duties as required
· BSN degree with three years of experience in a related health care field of medical/surgical nursing and geriatrics.
· Knowledge and understanding of multiple computer software applications, especially as related to simulation manikins.
· Knowledge of the safe use and disposal of hazardous equipment and chemicals.
· Strong oral and written communication skills
· Ability to set up teaching materials for the multiple skill levels of the PN and RN lab experiences
· Current unencumbered RN licensure in the State of Montana
· Current Healthcare Provider CPR certification
· Ability to travel within Montana when necessary
· Master’s degree in Nursing from a nationally accredited program
· Completed course work in curriculum development, principles and methods of teaching, and measurement and evaluation of learner outcomes
· Two years of teaching experience in a nursing program
· One year of experience working in a simulation/lab setting
· BLS instructor certification
· ACLS certification
· PALS certification
You must apply online by clicking on the "Apply" link above. If this is the first time you are using our online job application, you need to create an account with a Username and Password. After creating an account, click on the "Build Job Application" link. This application can be saved and used to apply for more than one job opening. Paper applications are not accepted.
We ask that you submit the following application materials (may be added as attachments to on line application)
A cover letter indicating exactly how you meet the required qualifications.
A current, comprehensive resume.
Transcripts from all colleges or universities you have attended. (Copies of transcripts are acceptable now; however, official transcripts will be required at time of employment offer.) Only transcripts from accredited colleges or universities will be used for employment considerations.
Names, addresses, phone numbers and email addresses of five professional references (references to include faculty, subordinates, supervisors).
Paper applications will not be accepted .
This position is open until filled.