GE is an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation.
GE is an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. Develop, Lead, Coach and provide technical support for a Plastic Injection processing high volume manufacturing line including Team Leaders and Hourly Team members to ensure continuous improvement in the areas of Safety, Quality, Delivery and Cost.
Internal Title: Injection Molding - Manufacturing Supervisor
-Manage, develop and coach a high volume plastic injection processing small component manufacturing team.
-Promote safety and ensure compliance with safety rules and procedures. Lead accident investigations using 5 Why/7Way process to obtain root cause and achieve robust solutions.
- Provide Plastic Injection Processing and Tooling technical troubleshooting expertise to area as needed to ensure schedule achievement.
* Lead activities of cross-functional manufacturing team, to include direct responsibility for hourly team members and the assigned business unit.
*Responsible for operational performance and improvement of key metrics including safety, quality and culture.
* First respondent to Hourly team members for the central coordination of a specified area. Owner of hour by hour chart and direction of issues to respective team members for issue resolution
*Live, promote and teach the GE Production System philosophy and drive continuous improvement in the technical process areas. Coach and develop team leaders to ensure standard work and escalation processes are followed
*Promote Safety Culture and ensure team’s compliance with safety rules and procedures, such as: Personal Protection Equipment compliance, accident investigation within 24 hours, Safety Contacts and safe start participation. Lead Accident investigations to obtain root cause and drive required changes.
*Must know and align activities to support operational goals and objectives of the business and translate them to the team once a week via action planning report outs. Prioritize problems and escalate issues. Specifically, drive to maintain a partnership with our shop operations personnel to develop a team that reacts aggressively to factory inefficiencies.
* Communication: Follow communication process, facilitate team meetings, drive communication with teams, yokoten (follow-up communication)
- Technical Bachelor’s degree.
- Extensive experience with high volume plastic injection molding and processing.
- Minimum of 2 years leadership experience in manufacturing operations.
* Ability to work with individuals at all levels of the organization to achieve operational results and positive union relations.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
- Six Sigma training / Green Belt Certification.
- Expertise with injection molding tooling and 1500 to 3000 ton molding machines.
- Experience with Lean manufacturing practices.
-Leadership experience in a Union Manufacturing environment.
- Strong analytical ability, initiative, self-starter, proactive, dedicated, results oriented, team player.
KEYWORDS: Polypropylene, process engineer, tool design, gating, dishwasher, appliance, appliances, tooling, processing, manufacturing, automotive, tier 1, tier 2, technical process manager, manufacturing supervisor, electrical engineer, industrial engineer, mechanical engineer, EE, ME, IE, RJG, Ferris State, Master Molder, Decoupling, consumer electronics, black belt, TPS, automobile
Apply to job
Send to friend
Save to cart
GE Careers - 19 months ago
GE Home & Business Solutions consists of two business segments. Appliances and Lighting.
At GE Appliances, we are imagination at...