SUMMARY: Under direction of the Trauma Medical Director or his designee, oversees certain aspects of the Trauma Program including but not limited to; clinical, critical care, education, performance improvement, pre-hospital, and Trauma Registry activities. These responsibilities, in coordination with the Trauma Program Medical Director shall be managed consistent with Pennsylvania Trauma Systems Foundation standards and with those policies promulgated by Lancaster General Hospital and the Department of Surgery. Consults with the Trauma Program Medical Director (TPMD), as appropriate, in carrying out duties and responsibilities including setting of priorities.
ESSENTIAL JOB-RELATED EXPERIENCE:
- M.D., or DO Fellowship trained in Trauma.
- Fellowship trained in critical care
- Unrestricted license to practice medicine in the commonwealth of Pennsylvania .
- Board Certification in medical specialties of general surgery and surgical critical care within two (2) years of assuming position
- Advanced Trauma Life Support instructor certification within two (2) years of assuming position
- Documented interest and experience in trauma education and research.
- High level of interpersonal skills to allow effective communications with a wide variety of hospital personnel and physicians and the general public.
- Significant hospital-based surgery experience.
- A health care provider in good standing with Medicare, Medicaid, and other federal and state health insurance programs, i.e. not excluded from participation in Medicare, Medicaid or any other federal or state health insurance program.
Lancaster General Hospital - 22 months ago
Lancaster General Health (LG Health) is a 623-bed integrated health care delivery system serving residents of Lancaster County,...