The Psychological Examiner assists Investigators in the development and implementation of psychological component of Clinical Research Studies. This person will demonstrate continued competence in psychological assessment as evidenced by accurate administration, scoring and maintenance of licensure. In addition the Psychological Examiner will work well within the team by demonstrating flexibility in testing time and location, communication with team members and providing assistance in non-psychology areas when appropriate.
Conduct study procedures
Research Design, Planning, Monitoring
- Administers and scores study-specific psychological assessment instruments that are appropriate for participant’s age. - Accurately enters test scores in study-specific databases in a timely manner. - Interprets findings and communicates the results to participants when appropriate. - Participates in routine inter-rater reliability measures and yields scores within acceptable tolerance - Set up new charts and check completed charts - Assists with the order of psychology materials - Obtain and maintain certification for other clinical research procedures, when needed
Data Management, Analysis and Interpretation
- Assists investigators in the design of new clinical research studies and the optimization of current clinical research studies. - Develop new assessments as needed for current or future clinical research studies. - Works with Data Analyst/IRB Specialist to develop IRB documents for new protocol submissions or amendments. - Works with Data Analyst/IRB Specialist study case report forms and standard operating procedures when pertinent to the psychological procedures of clinical research studies. - Assists in the maintenance of study records in accordance with regulatory standards for the psychological procedures of clinical research studies.
- Insures quality of data collection (paper and database entry) - Works with Data Manager and Data Analyst to develop and maintain psychological components of database(s) - Insures accurate and responsible analysis and interpretation of psychological data of clinical research studies - Reports abnormal or concerning results from psychological evaluations to investigator(s) - Works with investigators to develop, edit and review abstracts and/or manuscripts for publications - Attend scientific meetings for continuing education and presentation of study results as needed
- Maintains and expands professional expertise by completing appropriate continuing education related to role responsibilities. - Fulfills all requirements necessary to maintenance of required license - Keeps up-to-date regarding the literature in the area studied in the clinical research conducted at ACNC. - Consistently demonstrates that new knowledge and skills gained from education are incorporated into actual practice. - Practices cost effective use of resources and makes recommendations to improve cost effectiveness - Uses mentoring and role modeling skills to promote positive outcomes and professionalism within ACNC - Participates actively in 30, 60, and 90 days and annual evaluations by accepting and integrating feedback, completing self-evaluations and providing feedback to supervisor. - Other duties may be assigned by management associated with the position that are determined to be within the incumbent’s knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Insures training and certification for all psychological examiners and psychological technicians - Develops training for new assessments necessary for current or future clinical research studies - Observes psychological testing on a routine basis to ensure continued competence - Coordinates inter-rater reliability schedule and maintains records - Reports directly to the Director of Clinical Studies to address psychology section issues and ensure cohesive functioning within the team - Provides feedback and evaluation to all psychological examiners and psychology technicians when appropriate or by request of the Director of Clinical Studies - Administers 30-, 60-, 90-days evaluations to psychological examiners and psychological examiner technicians - Assists Director of Clinical Studies with annual evaluations of psychological examiners and psychological examiner technicians
Arkansas Children's Hospital - 3 years ago
As the only pediatric medical center in the state, Arkansas Children's Hospital (ACH) serves the youngest Razorbacks from birth to age...