Implements and maintains company compliance with Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), Department of Natural Resources (DNR), Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), and other governmental standards. Prepare and maintain all safety and environmental policies and procedures for the facility. Train company personnel on all safety, environmental and emergency procedures. Conduct safety and environmental audits. Ensure all jobs are in compliance with current ergonomic standards, all safety equipment is in place and in proper working condition. Maintain proper hazardous waste control and disposal activities. Investigate work-related accidents.
- Prepare, coordinate and implement compliance plans involving the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), Department of Natural Resources (DNR), Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and wastewater treatment facilities. Such matters include, but are not limited to, air emissions, wastewater discharge, chemicals and hazardous material handling and disposal, acceptable exposure levels and other safety and environmental conditions for both facilities
- Perform ergonomic analysis on new and revised plant and office jobs to reduce and eliminate potential accidents or injuries
- Complete and submit all required environmental and safety reports for the facilities
- Conduct safety and environmental audits
- Maintain written safety and environmental plans and procedures regarding EPA, DNR, OSHA and other applicable governmental safety and environmental regulations and standard
- Present and/or schedule outside resources to provide training to applicable facility employees on a timely basis; documenting all training and monitor progress and effectiveness
- Act as a liaison with regulatory agencies, which include DNR, EPA, OSHA, wastewater treatment facilities, Fire and Police or other agencies to uphold our reputation of being a morally conscious company
- Conduct periodic (i.e. weekly, monthly, etc) inspections as required, and prepare reports of plant machinery (i.e. presses), sprinkler systems, air emissions, storm water, wastewater discharge and hazardous waste
- Ensure working conditions at the facility are in compliance with safety and health regulations; specify and purchase proper safety equipment to be used at the facility
- Take charge of work-related injuries and accidents under Workers’ Compensation to ensure proper medical care, injury/accident investigation, recording on OSHA 200 Log and follow-up.
- Maintain an adequate supply of first aid supplies and safety equipment for both facilities
- Keep up to date on existing and future environmental and safety regulations for possible effects on plant operations; notify appropriate corporate managers of the impact environmental and/or safety legislation changes would have on facility operations and/or budgeting
- Assist management in capital requisitions to ensure that equipment and machinery meets current OSHA, EPA, DNR or other environmental and safety agency standards; conduct and record proper environmental and safety tests upon installation
- Audit, coordinate and train all employees on facility emergency response procedures regarding fire, weather and building evacuation during initial employment orientation and annually thereafter
- Monitor and update Hazardous Communication labeling requirements, identify hazards on all Material Safety Data Sheets, and ensure that MSDS’s are up to date and maintained, as required
- Manage plant-recycling efforts such as fluorescent tubes, ballasts, etc
- Perform other related duties as requested by General Manager of South Milwaukee or Elkhorn
- Bachelor’s degree in a safety/environmental field or equivalent years of specific experience
- At least three (3) years related work experience, preferably in a manufacturing setting
- Proficient in the field’s commonly-used concepts, practices and procedures
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be organized, logical, self-motivated, and capable of handling multiple projects at the same time
lumiDigit and lumiText are part of the Everbrite, LLC. family of products. A pioneer in the lighting industry, Everbrite has been on the...