The Customer Care Associate provides superior Internap customer service by efficiently processing customer requests, escalations and proactively following up on issues. The Customer Care Associate position is an entry level position within the Internap Network Operations Center (NOC) with growth potential towards learning a variety of skills including; Network Operations technical skills, technical writing skills, project management and/or people management skills.
This is an entry-level NOC customer service call center position responding to customer phone calls and emails in accordance with established procedures and guidelines in support of data center colocation services. This is a shift-based position, and employees may be required to fulfill a variety of shifts including nights and weekends. It is possible that the position could lead to a Network Support Engineer position for a high-performing self-motivated person with an interest in networking and/or systems administration.
The NOC operates 24/7. Nights, weekends, and/or holidays will be required as determined by the needs of the business.
- Open trouble tickets and work requests and interface with engineering staff and data center facilities to assure compliance with customer requests.
- Assist with documenting processes and procedures for the NOC customer service department.
- Confirm resolution of all open customer requests and scheduled maintenance.
- Provide customers with assistance to resolve, troubleshoot, or escalate requests.
- Provide a positive and friendly experience for customers.
- Generate maintenance notification emails to customers.
- This job is 40 hours per week.
Other useful skills:
- Typing and basic computer skills.
- Excellent professional communication skills including both oral (phone) and written.
- Excellent customer-service skills.
- Ability to listen and respond appropriately.
- Able to handle confidential material in a reliable manner.
- Strong interpersonal skills to handle confidential information.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize workload in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Ability to follow direction from leadership and use defined guidelines and processes.
- Experience in high-pressure, time-sensitive, deadline driven customer service including working with irate customers.
- Ability to work independently under remote supervision.
- Strong team player.
- Linux and Windows OS user experience.
- Trouble ticket system experience such as Remedy.
- Cisco networking experience or education (CCNA, etc.)
- Knowledge of data center operations.
- Wiki editing experience.