This individual will report to the VP of Information and Technology and be the primary internal contact for development, support and maintenance of mission critical Microsoft .NET, Visual Basic and SQL2000 applications with scope including but not limited to:
- Coordinating efforts with Senior Management to research, develop and implement strategic initiatives and new business avenues using thin client technologies.
- Driving the development of financial data warehouse applications including web interfaces, data extraction tools, validation points and reporting options.
- Working with internal resources to develop and maintain automated Service Partner interfaces using SFTP, FTP, PGP and SQL.
- Trouble-shooting, testing, and repairing existing source code and present design options for long-term replacement.
- Building and managing activity / event monitoring controls and alerts, and develop working relationship with internal and external support resources.
- Regular reporting on project status and present objectives for overall system health.
- BS in Computer Science discipline preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft .NET design and conversion, SQL2000 and SQL Data Transformation Services, Visual Basic and Access. Familiar with Visual FoxPro, SQL2005, SQL Integration Services and Transact-SQL a plus.
- 5 years experience in an analysis and development role of data centric applications (Financial Services industry a plus).
- Excellent communication and skills with experience in end-user interface for requirements gathering and presentation.
- SQL and COGNOS data extraction and reporting design experience.
- Strong Life Cycle and Operator Guide documentation skills.
- Experience in multiple thread data warehouse design and report-ability.
- Fundamental Network and Internet knowledge.
iitjobs - 3 years ago
copy to clipboard