The Agriculture and Environmental Services (AES) Department was created in the Sustainable Development Network of the World Bank in 2012 to support a holistic approach to development by addressing complex cross-sectoral challenges faced by client countries. The Department ensures close coordination between agriculture, livestock, forestry, fisheries and oceans, natural resource management, agribusiness, rural finance, land tenure, agricultural risk management, natural capital accounting, biodiversity, and agriculture, rural and environment policies. AES includes several practice groups: sustainable landscapes and oceanscapes, agriculture and environmental economics and policy, risk management and markets, and the overall departmental cross-cutting team.
AES is seeking an Online Communications Associate (Producer) to support its global outreach and communications program.
Note: If the selected candidate is a current Bank Group staff member with a Regular or Open-Ended appointment, s/he will retain his/her Regular or Open-Ended appointment. All others will be offered a 2 year term appointment.
Duties and Accountabilities:
The Online Communications Producer plays a strong technical and quality assurance role in the day-to-day operation of AES websites. As a key member of the AES Communications Team, the OCP will be part of the team which implements the Department’s online communications program. Principal responsibilities of the position are:
• Participating in the development and management of online strategies, including development and maintenance of the web editorial calendar
• Preparing, packaging and adapting content for the web
• Conceptualizing, scripting and creating multimedia content (slideshows, informational graphics, videos, etc.)
• Creating and publishing graphics, multimedia, video, and audio content
• Coordinating blogs and other social media
• Ensuring that web content is optimized for search engines and complies with Bank technical and editorial standards
• Publishing to current and future content management systems in compliance with the Bank’s procedures and practices for information management
• Compiling and publishing metrics reports and follow-up recommendations
• Composing newsletters and other promotional materials; managing internal and external mail lists; maintaining e-mail alerts and other marketing tools
• Liaising with technical teams in areas such as site performance tests, bug reporting and fixes, and system upgrades
• Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in Interactive Communications, Journalism, Marketing or other related field and a minimum two years of relevant web work experience
• Excellent written and spoken command of English
• Experience working with content management systems, HTML, Photoshop, and other online presentation tools
• Strong writing skills; able with minimum supervision to prepare and edit simple online communication products and develop drafts of moderately complex products in a clear, concise, and web-friendly style
• Experience creating multimedia and interactive content (such as slideshows, videos, and timelines)
• Demonstrated working knowledge and application of social media communications principles and other web 2.0 technologies, including the ability to modify strategies and products to insure their most effective use as audience engagement tools
• Working knowledge and functional proficiency with online performance measurement and impact analysis tools sufficient to lead or advise others in analyzing usage and trends; ability to research, identify, and map intended audiences and stakeholders, and to leverage communication tools and methodologies (such as online monitoring, web analytics, or other tools)
• High levels of initiative, judgment, and decisiveness in accomplishing tasks; proven ability to work independently; good time-management skills and an eye for detail; ability to work effectively under stress and to juggle multiple tasks within tight deadlines
• Understands project management concepts sufficiently to propose and develop drafts of online communications plans and strategies – including social media strategies - with minimal supervision; can apply standard project management tools, methodologies, and processes; is able to identify and mitigate project risks as well as manage project issues
• Experience working on cross-functional teams
• Interest in international development issues and an understanding of how communications can assist key audiences in meeting challenges
• Strong diplomatic, interpersonal, and teamwork skills; sensitivity to working in a multicultural environment
Communication in International Development - Understanding of international development issues and of the communication needs of key stakeholders, such as bilateral donors, the private sector, foundations, NGOs, media and academic institutions.
Online Content Editing and Drafting - Ability to draft and edit simple online communications products and develop drafts of moderately complex online communications products with minimal supervision.
Online Communication Strategy, Planning, and Execution - Practical experience in a full range of online communications approaches, tools and methodologies; can develop drafts of online communication plans and strategies, including social media strategies.
Online Production Tools - Proficiency with graphic design principles, industry-standard applications, and web technologies; strong ability to encode, package, embed, and web-optimize digital multimedia assets.
Online Performance Measurement and Impact Analysis - Proficiency in online usage data, trends and analysis results; setting appropriate KPIs, developing gap analysis, producing reports, and making recommendations for action; can measure the effectiveness of existing online communications strategies or design new ones.
Client Orientation - Identifies and meets (internal or external) client/constituent needs; builds productive client/constituent relationships; delivers client-centric solutions; takes responsibility for ensuring client/constituent satisfaction and loyalty.
Teamwork and Inclusion - Values working in collaboration and respecting the views of others; understands differences in culture and values and the importance of including others’ views in achieving the strategic goals of the World Bank and its partners.
Knowledge, Learning, and Communication - Shares best practices, trends, knowledge and lessons learned across units and with clients and partners, articulating ideas in a clear and compelling way across audiences of varied levels.
The World Bank - 8 months ago
Collectively known as the World Bank, the International Bank for Reconstruction & Development (IBRD) and its sister organization the...