What we offer
The Business Director is a technical sales professional responsible for managing the Engineering Adhesives and Assembly Adhesives business inNorth Americafor Henkel's Transportation and Metals Business (AT). The Business Director requires exceptional communication skills to effectively interface regularly with all levels of Henkel and the customer organization. This position will utilize key selling strategies and technical competencies to improve profits and account growth.
Henkel is an equal opportunity employer
- Develop annual business plan (KP) as well as a 5 year strategic plan (TP) on an overall platform and application (l2) level for volume (kg), sales (NES) and margin (GP)
- Align North American (NA) strategy with global network and regional colleagues
- Set/communicate overall segment strategy and innovation roadmap (Stage Gate) - Develop and communicate the message, portfolio, lead products
- Drive profit enhancements with cost of goods (CoG) activities, managing product line & hurdle rates for portfolio
- Support marketing & sales activities (ie, trade fairs, symposiums, start-ups, launches, etc), train customers/internal Henkel staff with specific technologies in segment
- Drive new business development activities and Lead/direct selling activities of all major applications to NA market
- Report activities in CAPRIS if not directly submitted by sales/service group
- Develop segment capabilities/program to differentiate us from our competition, understand competitive position & share
- Implement best practice methodology & become experts in the field
- Develop contacts on Automotive Technical Committees,CustomerResearchCenters, Design Center Liaisons, etc.
- Maintain expertise and network to support business growth plans
- Manage team and provide continuous feedback throughout the year. Responsible for creating and implementing plans for each individual's growth and development. Set objectives and bonus plans. Ensure team has the resources and is equipped to meet business plans.
Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran
Who we are looking for
- Bachelors degree in chemistry or chemical engineering preferred, MBA desired
- Minimum 7 years of progressively responsible positions in technical field related or senior level category management
- Proven track record of product management and development, sales and profit growth, and the ability to anticipate and solve problems or resolve issues
- Complete P&L understanding from product cost analysis to financial assessment of the overall business
- Effective team player and ability to work with groups of all levels
- Highly motivated individual with entrepreneurial drive to take team and business into new, uncharted territory
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written, for effective internal and external communication
Henkel Corporation sticks with glue and a slew of other consumer products. The North American unit of German giant Henkel KGaA,...