The assistant branch director, located in the Complex main office, is responsible for helping financial consultants in the Complex main office generate sales, marketing and business building ideas. He/she is also responsible for coaching and developing the financial consultant trainees in his/her assigned branch to help ensure their success. Other responsibilities may include coordinating branch educational opportunities and resources with the home office and/or external vendors, coordinating the delivery of product information to financial consultants and leading financial consultant sales meetings in the complex director’s absence. He/she may also perform back-up on some limited supervisory duties. The assistant branch director is also a financial consultant and maintains his/her own book of business.
The assistant branch director is also a financial consultant and maintains his/her own book of business.
- Assists in providing sales, marketing and business-building ideas for the financial consultants in the Complex main office.
- Provides coaching to financial consultant trainees in the Complex main office. Works with the training department in the home office to ensure that financial consultant trainees receive appropriate development opportunities to help ensure their success.
- Assists with marketing and sales efforts within the Complex main office including hosting the morning call, coordinating internal product presentations and external wholesaler/vendor educational events.
- May act as a back up to the complex director on a limited number of supervisory duties such as the approval of new accounts and written correspondence.
Job Requirements: (Knowledge/ Experience):
- Providing high quality service to clients by assessing their individual investment objectives, tolerance for risk, financial capabilities, investment potential, and by responding to their needs and the market
- Selecting suitable investments based on client needs and research recommendations, and promptly executing approved transactions.
- Maintaining contact with clients on a systematic schedule via telephone and/or personal visits to reassess investment objectives and risks and develop relationships.
- Monitoring and evaluating client’s investment needs and progress by reviewing transactions, monthly statements, market research, and client contact.
- Developing and executing a business plan to secure new accounts, grow current accounts, and overall increase assets under management by utilizing his/her choice of various effective marketing techniques, such as requesting referrals, participating and holding seminars or presentations, networking, etc.
- Maintaining high level of industry and investment knowledge to ensure suitability of recommended investments.
- Being knowledgeable of and complying with all company policies and all rules and regulations of the various regulatory agencies, and encouraging clients to comply with these guidelines by, for example, making prompt settlement of all transactions.
- Open new accounts and build assets under management.
- Maintain industry knowledge to ensure suitability of investments and obtain financial news through appropriate means.
- Continue to improve and develop skills, techniques, and knowledge by participating in on-going professional development programs.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records of client portfolios, business development files, open order files, and other records as required.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills & Abilities)
- Series 7, 63/66 and 8 or 9/10 licenses. Other licenses may be required
- Minimum assets under management (AUM) of $30M.
- Minimum annualized production of $300,000
- Authorized to work in the U.S. without requiring visa sponsorship
- Experience as a financial consultant
- 3 – 5 years of industry experience
Must be eligible to work in the US without sponsorship and reside within 50 miles of office.
- A strong knowledge of the financial services industry and strong investment product knowledge
- An in-depth knowledge of industry rules and regulations
- Strong interpersonal skill
- A strong ability to influence and lead
- Strong presentation and communication skills
Required Skills/ Competencies/ Attributes:
Identifying Business Opportunities,
Impact and Influence,
Building Partnerships With Stakeholders,
Diversity in the workplace, one of our shared values, lies at the heart of our rewarding, open, supportive and inclusive work environment. We respect and respond to the many competing and evolving priorities in our lives so you can focus on what you can do best – put clients first.
RBC - 2 years ago
The Royal Bank of Canada is the largest financial institution in Canada, as measured by deposits, revenues, and market capitalization. The...