Creates and leads a high performance team that drives
sales through achieving competitive store results in a
high volume, highly complex store. Provides strong
leadership to the team to execute sales generation and
operational functions in the store to ensure customer
satisfaction, maximum productivity and profitability,
inventory control and compliance with company
The functions listed describe the business purpose of
this job. Specific duties or tasks may vary and be
documented separately. The employee might not be
required to perform all functions listed. Additional
duties may be assigned, and functions may be modified,
according to business necessity.
expenses and drive profitability.
- Stay within budget with respect to controllable
be accountable for the quality of training and
- Train and develop high-caliber management talent and
development of sales associates.
sales goals are met or exceeded.
- Manage the store and its employees to ensure all store
action is taken to achieve goals.
- Identify ways to drive sales generation and ensure
service focus by creating an environment that is
- Support, model, and enhance the seamless customer
friendly, helpful, knowledgeable and quick for customers
- Hold others accountable for achieving productivity
exceed expectations to support brand consistency.
- Ensure brand standards and operating standards meet or
- Ensure store presentation standards are achieved and
peak traffic periods.
- Ensure maximum scheduling coverage especially during
trend information to District Manager.
- Communicate merchandise sell-through and District
interviewing and selection processes to ensure that the
- Conduct management and sales associate recruiting,
store is properly staffed at all times.
- Create and maintain store team, regional, and
Ensure high quality review, assessment and feedback to
- Review and assess the performance of management staff.
high quality supervision, training, and development of
- Train, develop, and supervise management staff. Ensure
and career development; communicate ideas to District
- Define workload for management staff.
- Monitor management staff and sales associate retention
policy violations of management staff and sales
- Address and document unsatisfactory performance and
associates through administration of disciplinary action
and performance counseling.
- Ensure compliance to payroll and business planning
company expectations and systems.
- Monitor, maintain and follow company policies; support
issues with District Manager, Human Resources Manager or
- Handle store level human resources or loss prevention
Loss Prevention Manager when necessary.
- Ensure proper scheduling of management staff.
- Available to open and/or close the store in an
essential functions of the job.
- Regular attendance and a full-time commitment are
supervision of inventory control clerk, warehouse
- Perform additional managerial duties as necessary.
- Supervise assistant managers with respect to their
associates, and sales and customer service associates.
efficiency, communication, coaching, training and
- Interface with corporate headquarters employees.
- Plan, prioritize, organize, time management,
MINIMUM POSITION QUALIFICATIONS
sales generation, operations and merchandising.
- Ability to run a high volume, highly complex location.
- Demonstrated proficiency in recruiting, training,
- Excellent communication, delegation, follow-up, and
judgment in managing a fast-paced environment adapting
- Ability to exercise independent discretion and
to change with a sense of urgency.
- High school graduate or equivalent. College degree
proven ability to direct activities at all levels.
- Three to five years retail management experience and
general nature and level of work being performed by
- This position description is intended to describe the
people assigned to this job. It is not intended to be
inclusive of all duties and responsibilities and is
subject to change at any time.
WORKING CONDITIONS (Physical/Mental Demands)
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the
physical and mental capacity to perform effectively all
essential functions. In addition to other demands, the
demands of the job include:
customers, vendors, applicants, and staff, in group
- Maintain composure in dealing with executives,
settings and in situations requiring high performance
with customers and store personnel; maneuver around
- Ability to communicate effectively and appropriately
sales floor, warehouse and store office; lift and carry
up to 50 lbs.
weekends, store openings and closings according to the
- Open availability and flexibility to work nights,
needs of the business.
- Operations Manager
- Sales Manager
- Department Manager
- Commercial Relations Manager
- Telephone and/or cellular telephone
- Copier, Scanner, Fax
- Fork Lift
Floor and Decor - 10 months ago
Floor & Decor provides more choices than the big-box, retail mega-stores. And we offer it for less than what you would find at a...