The Kentucky Correctional Psychiatric Center is a hospital, located within a maximum security prison setting, that provides state-wide, forensic psychiatric services including: pre-trial assessments, treatment for competency restoration, and inpatient care for the evaluation of potentially mentally ill individuals who are accused or convicted of felony crimes or require a secure environment.
Patients are admitted to the Kentucky Correctional Psychiatric Center from county jails across the State of Kentucky to be assessed and evaluated for competency to stand trial and criminal responsibility and receive mental health treatment.
Under moderate supervision, provides, directs and supervises patient care based on the nursing process. Provides patient and family educational needs. Adheres to required standards for ongoing assessment, revision implementation, and documentation of nursing care.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
EDUCATION / KNOWLEDGE / EXPERIENCE
- Assesses, plans, implements, directs and evaluates patient care activities utilizing the nursing process through active participation in the treatment planning process. Demonstrates knowledge and application of the nursing process throughout the patients hospitalization from admission to discharge, consistent with the patients age, gender and cultural specific needs. Assesses, supervises and maintains the safety, integrity and therapeutic nature of the milieu. Follows hospital and nursing department standards of practice and standards of care. Utilizes therapeutic communication.
- Meets medical records and departmental documentation requirements. Completes documentation and assignments within established time frames. Meets standards for infection control and prevention. Adheres to zero tolerance for patient abuse and ethical standards for the treatment of patients. Participates and directs ongoing process improvement activities.
- Follows established regulatory personnel and departmental standards that include guidelines for proper attire, punctuality, attendance, and acceptance of responsibility. Demonstrates interpersonal skills that enhance communication with both internal and external customers.
- Demonstrates development and increased competency through internal/external resources. Completes all annually required training within established timeframes; maintains valid nursing license.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Associates degree in Nursing from an accredited nursing school and hold a Kentucky registered nursing license or valid work permit issued by the Kentucky Board of Nursing. Good interpersonal and communication skills. Twelve months nursing experience. Previous psychiatric experience preferred, but not required.
POSITION IS FOR REGISTERED NURSES ONLY
City of Louisville, KY
- 2 years ago - save job