Position Summary : The Director of Finance under the direction of the Vice President of Finance is principally responsible for the financial affairs of the organization. These responsibilities, include, but are not limited to the preparation of financial statements, management of inventory as well as managing purchasing. The Director of Finance also manages our internal time keeping software as well as the final approver of bi-weekly payroll processing and is the primary contact with our payroll service provider.
General Ledger and other financial support:
Payroll and 403b:
- Maintainance of the Cash Management system including oversight of monthly bank reconciliations
- Review of AP files and vendor information for accuracy.
- Responsible for preparation and review of the agency financial statements and is the primary contact on the annual Audit
- Assist in development of operating reports for management and Board of Directors
- Responsible for the integrity of the General Ledger
- Assist in the review of site specific preliminary monthly financial statements.
- Perform account analysis as directed and maintain analysis on monthly basis.
- Maintain monthly preparation of A/R detail and allocate income to program cost centers and oversee A/R adjustments.
- Primary contact for the Microsoft Dynamics General ledger package.
- Oversight of monthly Inventory reconciliations, monthly variance reports and physical inventory procedures.
- Analyze and assisted in implementation of cost reductions.
- Manage all financial reporting for all agency grants.
- Record journal entries for month-end close and year-end close.
- Research and verify ledger balances regularly to ensure an accurate account for monetary transactions.
- Monthly general ledger account analysis as directed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Provides guidance to HR Administatror as well as oversight and final approval of bi-weekly payroll processing. Partners with VP of Human Resources to ensure compliance with organization’s compensation guidelines and practices
- Ensures compliance with all applicable state and federal wage and hour laws.
- Works in collaboration with Human Resources Department to ensure proper administration of 403b Thrift Plan and compliance with ERISA.
- Prepares weekly, monthly, quarterly and year-end reports (gross payroll, hours worked, vacation accrual, tax deductions, benefit deductions, etc.) for management.
Planned Parenthood Mid and South Michigan In addition to competitive salaries, offers outstanding health and welfare benefits including medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance, 403B and a Section 125 Cafeteria Plan. PPMSM also offers paid-time off to full and part-time benefit eligible employees.
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) in Accounting or Finance from an accredited college or university and seven to ten years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Three to five years of supervisory experience required.
Planned Parenthood Mid and South Michigan is an Equal Opportunity Employer
PPMSM is a drug-free workplace employer and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Planned Parenthood - 9 months ago
Planned Parenthood is the leading reproductive health care provider, educator and advocate in the United States. For more than 90 years, the...