Are you passionate about cloud technologies, can see how they can be leveraged to solve complex technical challenges and can evangelize those solutions across a broad organization? Are you looking for a challenging technical leadership position that will allow you to shape the future of security across the internet? Do you thrive on tough technical challenges dealing with large volumes of data across complex networks, vast distributed data stores, and elastic compute? Then this is the opportunity for you.
Come join Cisco’s Security Cloud Operations Group to build the next generation of cloud based security products covering threat defense systems, security management and web and email security. In this role you will help set the direction for Cisco’s security cloud strategy, work collaboratively with development teams to implement the strategy, and guide overall technical direction for the Security Cloud Operations team.
This candidate must be passionate about solving the toughest technology challenges in delivering networking and application security as a service in the cloud today as well as postulate on solutions that will solve problems that have yet to be fully formulated. An integral part of the role is to not only set technological strategy across Cisco, but work towards industry leading solutions that will form and potentially change the industry as a whole. The candidate must have a deep understanding of elastic compute, virtualization, distributed data stores, and complex networking and be excited by working at scale and designing distributed systems to solve a number of problems that have been traditionally addressed by vertically scaling and often expensive technology solutions.
In this technical leadership role, the candidate will:
• Participate in the design of secure architectures and automation that deliver against strict requirements for security, functionality, scalability, performance and reliability
• Align engineering development requirements with the capabilities of the site infrastructure.
• Work collaboratively with development and QA organizations to drive engineering and architectural best practices for highly scalable cloud based services broadly throughout the organization.
• Establish and maintain technology standards, evaluate and direct new technology designs to enable the delivery of security applications and capabilities within the cloud.
• Continually evaluate and improve our processes and application standards with security in mind.
• Mentor and train junior systems administrators on upcoming production releases and ongoing service troubleshooting
• Maintain intense focus on the customer; understanding customer challenges, disseminating that back into the organization, and constantly looking for ways to solve them.
This position is full-time located in our San Bruno office with some domestic and international travel.
Skills & Experience
• The candidate should have a BS or BA, or advanced degree in computer science, engineering or related field or relevant work experience.
7+ years experience in Systems Administration with growing levels of responsibility
In-depth knowledge of at least 1 “distro” of Linux, RHEL, CentOS etc
• Experience with web services; virtualization; cloud concepts; SAN/NAS storage; RDBMS, columnar, and alternate DB models; coding in shell, python or perl; XML, MySQL, PHP, LDAP, and object oriented methodologies
Ability to mentor other sys admins in career and skill growth
• Experience with architecting high volume web systems or large transaction client-server systems.
• Strong grasp of security concepts and current technology including firewalls, intrusion detection systems, anti-malware and antivirus technologies.
• Understanding of network design, including IP communication, packet structure, and routing protocols, in a high volume Internet scale environment.
• 7+ years experience in requirements analysis, design, implementation and testing of distributed, fault-tolerant systems with particular attention to security, scalability, high performance, and cost optimization of cloud based offerings.
• The candidate must be an exceptional communicator comfortable with all levels of the enterprise including Sr. Executives and be able to communicate advanced technical topics to audiences of varying levels of technical expertise.
• The candidate must have strong relationship skills, be able to build rapport with peers and more junior engineers and architects, and be able to foster a productive collaborative environment.
Cisco Systems - 19 months ago
copy to clipboard -
Are you changing the world? We are.
Cisco, a worldwide leader in IT, is changing the way the world works, lives, plays and learns. Our...