COMMUNITY SCHOOL OF MUSIC AND ARTS (CSMA) ,
Founded in 1968, Community School of Music and Arts (CSMA) is Northern California's largest non-profit provider of arts education programs and, with a $4.7 million budget and 165-member staff and faculty, it is one of the ten largest community schools of its kind in the U.S. Located in one of the global capitals of innovation, CSMA is dedicated to instilling, training and nurturing creativity for all stages of life, regardless of skills, background or financial means. Annually, CSMA serves over 22,000 people, including 10,660 students in more than 600 classrooms at 35 schools from San Mateo and Santa Clara Counties. The school offers private lessons, classes and camps; state standards-based arts education programs in public, charter, and independent schools during the day, and after-school programs. CSMA also presents dozens of concerts, lectures and exhibitions that are free of charge to the community.
The Human Resources Representative is responsible for key Human Resource functions within the organization. This position reports to the Executive Director.
- Provide human resources leadership to the organization to ensure compliance with federal and state regulations
- Manage all aspects of the performance management process including training managerial staff in conducting effective performance evaluations, coaching managers in progressive discipline and performance management plans, and ensuring annual evaluations are completed on all staff
- Conduct ongoing professional training programs for members of management team, including but not limited to the following topics: effective recruitment and interviewing techniques, performance management, progressive discipline, harassment and discrimination prevention
- Coordinate and implement all aspects of organization hiring (job posting, candidate selection, contracts, new hire paperwork, orientation) and personnel paperwork
- Coordinate Open Enrollment for health insurance
- Other tasks as assigned by Executive Director
CSMA values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Candidates who have demonstrated an ability to relate to diverse student populations and who have experience working in bilingual environments are strongly encouraged to apply. Please see www.arts4all.org for more information.
- Knowledge of federal and state employment law compliance
- 2 years Human Resources Management experience in a nonprofit environment
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources Management or a related field desired
- PHR preferred
- Strong organizational development experience and skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to multitask and manage time efficiently
To apply, please submit cover letter and resume to:
Community School of Music and Arts
Finn Center, 230 San Antonio Circle, Mountain View, CA 94040