DEPARTMENT: Wyoming Small Business Development Center (SBDC)
TITLE: Regional Director (Southeast)
LEVEL: Administrator (Position #4641), 100% grant funded, exempt position, federally funded by the U.S. Small Business Administration
HOURS WORKED: typically 8:00 am—5:00 pm, some early mornings, evenings and/or weekends may be required.
TRAVEL: Moderate to extensive travel in a four-county-wide area with occasional state-wide travel required. Out of state travel: typically once/year.
REPORTS TO: SBDC State Director
HIRING RANGE: $66,000-$69,600
START DATE: Within 30 days of acceptance
OFFICE LOCATION: Cheyenne, WY
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Full consideration by March 7, 2013
POSITION SUMMARY: To provide educational business advising, leadership, vision and oversight for the Southeast region of the Wyoming Entrepreneur Small Business Development Center. The SBDC is a statewide program at the University of Wyoming. It offers technical assistance to Wyoming businesses and entrepreneurs that want to maximize their potential for success. The Southeast office is located in Cheyenne, Wyoming. This position includes delivery of educational advising, training and networking services as well as budgetary and operational management of the regional program.
1. Serve as team member of the Wyoming Entrepreneur SBDC network and regional director for the Southeast region of the SBDC. This includes the counties of Goshen, Laramie, Albany and Carbon.
2. Provide leadership, vision, strategic planning, development and oversight of the Southeast region.
3. Determine the needs of a multiple county small business region; meet those needs with advising, business training programs, executive programs, and other services. In addition, measure the impact of those services to ensure that the needs are satisfactorily met. Business assistance may be offered through a variety of methods including face-to-face meetings, phone, email and online advising or web conferencing.
4. Coordinate, prepare, and deliver business services, educational and training programs and events.
5. Work with SBA, Wyoming Business Council, various other regional economic development providers and regional bankers to strengthen working relationships to better serve the small business needs.
6. Participate fully in Wyoming Entrepreneur SBDC network activities to maximize the organization's capacity to fully meet client needs.
7. Provide research and information to prepare business plans, financial management/analysis and loan portfolio recommendations to clients.
8. Provide specialized advising in all aspects of international trade.
9. Serve as the primary spokesperson for Wyoming Entrepreneur SBDC Southeast region.
10. Reports directly to the state director of the SBDC.
Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university and/or successful equivalent experience in professional consultation in business development, leadership and management. Master's degree desirable.
High level of emotional intelligence and self-awareness—team player, great listener, thoughtful, open-minded, progressive, visionary, conscientious, positive attitude, and customer service oriented
Dynamic leader, advisor, coach, and mentor
Understanding of or experience in or with the SBDC preferred
Competent in budgeting, cash flow, and understanding of business finances
Hands-on business planning and development skills, including but not limited to: knowledge of human resources practices and procedures and management, market and operations planning
Demonstrable specialized experience in international trade and/or the interest/enthusiasm and ability to obtain appropriate, required SBDC international trade certifications
Experienced in designing and delivering training programs
Experience working with multiple partners, stakeholders, and community leaders
Self-motivated/directed, work independently, and work well as a team player
Competent in use of computer technology (including web conferencing, databases, MS Office Suite, digital marketing, etc.)
Small business ownership and/or management
Ability to travel
The University's policy has been, and will continue to be, one of nondiscrimination, offering equal opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment on the basis of their demonstrated ability and competence without regard to such matters as race, sex, gender, color, religion, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, political belief, or other status protected by state and federal statutes or University Regulations.
The University of Wyoming is committed to providing a safe and productive learning and living community. To achieve that goal, we conduct background investigations for all final candidates being considered for employment. Background checks may include, but are not limited to, criminal history, national sex offender search, employment and motor vehicle history. Offers of employment are contingent upon the completion of the background check.
Application Materials Required:
APPLICATION MATERIALS REQUIRED:
Submit the following, as one PDF document, electronically to: Jill Kline, State Director, email@example.com , using subject line: SBDC Regional Director Application:
* Cover letter including a brief (≤ 1 page) narrative describing how your background makes you the ideal candidate
* Contact information for, and your association with, three professional references
Deadline for Applications: March 7, 2013
Salary will be commensurate with experience and qualifications.
University of Wyoming - 17 months ago